Chapter 1: Secrecy

June 28

Armistead Dormitories

0230 hours

I just stepped out of the healing facility 145 seconds ago (two minutes and twenty-five seconds) and immediately rushed to Mike Brezinski's dormitory in the Nathan Hale Administration building. Mike had been extremely popular and my best friend since first grade. I was just starting my third year in the spy game. After saving the entire state of Virginia from being neutralized, my effort in this had landed me in the CIA's healing facility for about a week and a half. I had been dating Erica Hale, a spy in training that had a family of spies before America even came to be, Mike had caught us kissing however, and immediately backed out. Since I'd just gotten out of the makeshift hospital from the very butt of the building, I figured I'd discuss how me and Erica's relationship couldn't be shared anonymously. I knocked on his door and whistled when he opened it. "Just to be clear," I started, looking around for bugs (a CIA slang word for hidden, small listening devices) or anyone eavesdropping. When the coast was clear, I continued: "me and Erica's relationship is private and you can't tell anyone! Don't even remind yourself!" "I know, but I knew  you liked her!" "Now is not the time for this!." I complained. "Not the time to be all lovey dovey mushy gushy with Erica!" "Shut up!" I heard footsteps and we both scrambled as Erica came down the hall. Mike slammed his door and I took a huge step into Erica's pathway, then smiled awkwardly, waving my stiff hand. "Move."she said as I practically crawled away. "What's wrong?" I asked. Instead of responding, she gave me a cold glare. 

Classic. I thought. "C'mon. Is it about Mike finding out. Look, if its-" "I hope you reiterated to Mike that this is private."Erica snarled. "Yes, yes, I did." I said. "Come with me," Erica said as we started down the steps of the first floor of the Nathan Hale building. For some reason, we were heading down to the morgue. 

Murray Hill's body was there.