Chapter 15: Eastward Transportation

June 29

0700 hours

West Phoenix, Arizona

I tucked my knees underneath my arms and scooted back into my seat. Zoe was looking down and seemed somber. Dane Brammage looked back and looked at me, Murray, and Zoe.

"You guys owe me one for taking care of Joshua."

"You knew he was alive?" Zoe asked

"Oh, God no. Murray told me".

Murray then grinned sheepishly. 

Now, I thought. All we had to do was free Cyrus and Catherine and find some way to get back to Virginia. But they were somewhere still in Mexico or Arizona. But, Virginia is brainwashed and the headquarters are back in New Mexico. So we need...

"Bait."  I said. Everyone turned to me, surprised I spoke. "What?" Murray asked.

"Bait," I said again. "Bait is what we need. We already know Hallal Corp's plan. We just need to figure out how to counter and foil it. If you guys set me up as bait when we get to Virginia, I can act as though I was brainwashed and find out a way to create another diversion that will throw off Hallal Corp, and figure out their weaknesses." I concluded.

"What if Hallal Corp is just like SPYDER?" Zoe asked. "What if their one step ahead of us and we know nothing about them?"

"That won't happen. If we construct our plan correctly, we can detect their deepest secrets in order to defeat them. With the way we defeated SPYDER, we have a reference point on how to defeat Hallal Corp." I replied.

"Oh, trust me. HC is different than SPYDER. MUCH different. HC has better security, guards, and they construct their plans smarter. And have WAAAY better ways to take over the world. Their like, the Giorno Giovanna of evil organizations." Murray said.

"Who the hell is Giorno?" I asked.
"No one! Forget I said anything!" Murray snapped. With the door ripped off of the sedan, it moved a bit wobbly and it sucked in gusts of hot air.

"Guys, I think we've got this." I said.

The car pulled into a private jet hangar that parked next to the wing of the first jet. We all piled out, and the thing was bigger than the one the CIA owned.

"Does Hallal Corp own this?"I asked.

"Yes. Although they think I'm on their side." Dane said.

"So, for like the 5th time on a mission, we're fugitives from the law."

"This mission would be called Operation Monkey Bullet. We all got dossiers except you, because at the last minute the CIA realized you were the best equipped." Zoe said.

"Monkey Bullet?" I asked.

"Because, a Monkey sized bullet is the bullet we need to take down Hallal Corp." She explained.

"Because it'll take a big shot," I said, feeling a tear in my eye.

We got into the plane, and for the first time in forever, I was sure we were going to win.