Chapter 5: Evasive Action

June 28

Morgue Establishment within Armistead Dormitories

0400 hours

The bullet whizzed past Murray's head as he shrieked. I threw myself below the gurney he lay on. Zoe dropped to her knees and crawled towards me, trying to duck so she wouldn't be incapacitated. "Murray's alive?" She asked. "Yeah, long story." I replied. To my surprise, Erica whipped out a pistol and fired back. I shouldn't have taken this as shock, knowing Erica would have always been prepared for situations as dire as this one. Me nor Murray were equipped with a firearm, and I'm sure Zoe had one tucked into a utility belt holster given to her by DADD. I huffed as I rolled over, evading the shattering glass of a bottle. "Make your way to the door! Grab Murray!" Erica ordered. Zoe hauled Murray's gurney past the intruders and burst through the door. Keeping my head down, I vaulted out of the room and raced outside. I ducked and turned through sharp corners. The private jet Catherine and Cyrus Hale sat in was parked outside of the Nathan Hale Administration building. Zoe rushed into the jet, and Murray screamed as he though he was falling backwards. Erica rushed out behind us."What happened?" I asked her. "A lot. Those were practically warm ups. More of Joshua's men are on the way. And soon. Get in the jet." She replied. I slipped in just as more of Joshua's men shot at the wings. Cyrus pulled off in time. "Next stop, eh, New Mexico?" Murray asked sheepishly. "Damn right." Cyrus broke into a smile.