09.

Xander Nile.

"For the longest time I thought we were the last, finding out, there are more of us, it brings back a lot of memories, our lives may have not been perfect but it was home that burned down in that blaze." Dad's conversation with Milrani was taking a lot longer than expected, I guess that's what happens when you meet a long lost part of yourself, Milrani was the one who led the escape from their captive holding, she had led what remained of the Akari to the Hollow Creek, now two weeks later, with a lot of integrating still going on, she had come to hand over her leadership to me, which I accepted, now she wouldn't stop reminiscing with dad who was also here fussing over my children, yes, I had more children now, you'd think at twenty I'd have no children, partying and living life large, nope, I had three kids, a pack to run, a broken mate bond and parents who doted on me as if I was five.

"Hello my little gumdrop." I whispered  next to Lilly who had stirred awake, her crystal blue eyes looking at me with curiosity. It hasn't been easy, transitioning from having two parents, going on the run with strangers then being adopted by the alpha, it was slow progress but they were getting there each day. "Hi uncle Xan." She whispers back with a yawn, her brother stirring next to her in the makeshift bed Kaya and Oya used to have when they wouldn't leave my side in the office. I missed them, they had easily taken a liking to Lilly and Eldridge, Kaya obviously happy that he was a big brother now, spoiled little thing. "Is it snack time again?" El mumbles stirring awake fully now. "Hmmmm, not for another hour, but I'm sure your grandad will make exceptions." I reply El, his wound had healed up perfectly thanks to a little tinkering with healing herbs from Sir Ron, in the time they had been here, their diet had been monitored, their sleep patterns, it was as if I was a whole new parent again. El was the clingy one, Lilly tended to be a free spirit, she explored a lot, but I'd kept treasure hunting to just the backyard for now.

"Uncle Xan, can we get oreos again?" El asks and I nod, turning to go through their bags, yes, I had baby bags now, fishing out two packets of the chocolate cookies I opened them and handed them over once they sat upright, I quickly got their milk before dad cleared his throat. A quick glance at him and Milrani told me he was close to doing it. "I thought so." He asserted earning a laugh from the woman next to him. "Be good for grandad, I will see you two little angels soon, okay?" I exclaimed but I could see the water works coming. "Can we come too?" Lilly mumbles quietly and I turn to dad for help and he nods his head toward the door, they were my kids, I had no choice, if they wanted to cling to me for the rest of their lives, I'd be okay with that. After their little snack we were out of  the office and heading to the clearing where the teens of the pack, alpha Cornell and my siblings, surprisingly Val aswell were waiting.

"Sorry I'm late, fatherly duties." I explain and they all chuckle whilst the twins are playing with my hair. "Hello my cute nephew, come to uncle Lexi!" My brother takes Lilly whose immediately giggling at my brother's antics, El however just ignores everything and I—only exist, talk about giving the cold shoulder to people, a chance glance at Val, I notice a distant envy, something akin to wanting what I had, I could just tell, and it made me snicker, he chose this for himself, I'm moving on with my life. "So, hello everyone, how have been the first days of school?" I question the new teens who had joined us, I had a mixed reaction. "So fairly good." I assume and they nod. "We called you here to explain about the informal classes we have at the pack, to teach you about the history of our packs, our wolf biology, our second souls, mates, the mate bond, I think alpha Cornell has already explained a bit on that and told you who teaches what right?" I question turning to look at Cornell who nods right then.

"Sorry, we're late, you would not believe how mates can make your life sweet as honey, then drown you in that honey." Rhiner my head warrior explained and everyone laughed, amused by his statement and his gasping for air. "Ignore him, just know he's Rhiner, the head warrior, also pack comedian." I introduce him and everyone laughs, even my little boy El. "So today you'll be taking a walk with me and learning, tomorrow you'll be with the sexiest alpha—" I joke as Cornell flexes earning more laughs. "The day after Rhiner will introduce you to the different aspects of the pack, you choose what you want to be, warrior, healer, builder, or all of them, its your choice, then lastly you'll be with my lovely brother Alexis, he'll tell you on his own what you'll be doing, —girls, you'll love it." I conclude as the teens who were already in the pack were explaining to their new friends, what happened in each lesson, I was glad to see their eyes shining.

"Say goodbye to them everyone, as we take our walk." I tell the pack teens who wave at the others leaving me and my children, Val the silent participant was still around, I wondered why but didn't care enough to ask. "Uncle Xan, can I pick flowers?" Lilly asked tugging on my fingers whilst El was asleep again in my arms, kid could sleep, but healing needed that. "You can, but stay close, everyone watch this one for me, she's slippery." I told the wolves around me as she pouted. "Am not." She protested walking to a flower patch nearby. "Are too." I whisper behind her earning chuckles. "So today I'm going to tell you about the Ryeland pack, then ask questions, get them right, you earn yourself a spot on the group date." I explained and a chatter went on. "The group date is the prize I give to five lucky wolves here, you can choose where we'll have the date, all expenses paid by me, and this sexy dad, will be yours for a day." I explained as the lot of them had shining eyes, more so the new pack members. "A date with the alpha, so cool, last time we went to the hot springs in Alscender, it was so cool —wait hot." I heard an older teen explain making me chuckle.

"The Ryeland pack is to the north east of us, a very large pack, it's former alpha is Emric Everlin, it's current alpha is Ralliel Everlin, whose helped in his rule by his brother Luciano—." I began, going into the little details and big facts too until I was sure I covered everything there was to know about the Ryeland Pack. "Question time." I exclaimed and they all seemed eager.  "What is the name of the former luna of the Ryeland pack?" I questioned and a few hands went up, it seemed Val wanted to play too but I ignored him, whatever he was planning, today I wasn't having it, so I picked a new pack member, a boy who seemed to have had a growth spurt recently because he was built, even for a teen. "It's Kalia and the former luna is Linden Everlin." He replied and I nodded correct. "Does Ralliel have a mate?" I asked again and more hands went up, the question was simple, Ralliel last time I talked to him had no mate. "Freya, and no he doesn't." A girl replied, sure of her answer and I nodded corect.

The game finally ended with Val glaring at me and five teens, three newly members, giggling and already planning what they would do with me, it was nice being alpha. "Sorry to interrupt guys, I need Soren, Terry and Vik to come with me, the diet pills are ready and you need them." Marquis inserted and I nodded toward the three he wanted to go ahead. We had been monitoring the diets of the new pack members, most of them couldn't eat much because their bodies had gotten used to rationed meals, so the diet pills would fix that, I had gotten the recipe from a friend in the Alscender pack, his dad was a herbal medicine genius. "So when you've decided, Kalia, you find me, I clear a day and we go." I told the teen who nodded eagerly with a bright smile. "Yes alpha Xander." He replied as I looked to where my daughter was, her shorts covered in mud. "Lilly, let's go baby!" I called out and she left her artistic mud art, cleaning her hands on her clothes then giggling toward me, the mud would be a bitch to clean out, therefore I'd let my nanny Tamryn deal with it.

"Bye alpha Xander!" The teens all yelled as they left to their homes or whatever teens did during the day. "Bye everyone, say bye Lilly." I told the energy ball. "Bye!" She waved them off before reaching out and I took her up into my arms. "So, how about we finally get a late lunch with grandad and granpa." I offer the two as I shook El awake. "Tell me Xander, pretending I don't exist, is it working?" Val questioned stopping me in my tracks, I turned to face him fully with a smile. "Val, it really is, things have been hectic lately around here, and dealing with you has literally dropped to the bottom of my priorities, as if you don't exist, let's try keep it that way, whatever you want I have no time for it." I tell him what was clearly on my mind and he scowls. "I'll teach you not to ignore me, I want what's mine!" He hisses but I was already walking away. "Yeah, yeah."

+++

This was a filler chapter, to show you what's become of the pack ever since the Akari arrived, now onto the drama.

Saint Jay.