10.

Xander Nile ~ the sexy alpha papi.

"Finally we're all here." Cornell asserts as we all were now in one of the meeting rooms in the large packhouse, by we he meant himself, representatives of the Akari pack, myself, his mate Sonali, I use that name because it suits her, Val aswell, pops, dad, Marquis as my beta, Lexi as the recorder, Sir Ron standing in for the chief doctor, Rhiner the pack's head warrior, his dad couldn't be here since he was supervising the construction of the new housing district for our additional new families. "Yes, we can proceed." Milrani stated as she handed documents to alpha Cornell then he handed them to me. "It is the formal agreement between our packs, our alliance and our merging, we will be dissolving any leadership we've had and we will be giving full leadership to alpha Xander Amari Nile." She explained and a fist slammed on the oval table.

"How can you just hand leadership over to him, he's already been silver spood fed the Hollow Creek, now this." He protested and I could feel a headache coming on. "Child watch your tongue in the presence of elders, no one is better qualified to lead the Akari than he— the Amari, child of our predecessors, and be mindful that your quarrel isn't with our agreement here, it is with your father who saw it unfit to give you the right to lead this pack as evidenced by your fit right this moment." Milrani hissed, her words weren't blunt, they were sharp and they cut through Val's anger like a hot knife, he simmered back into his seat with everyone snickering, immaturity was one of the flaws an alpha could not have. "As I was saying, he shall lead us, protect us and nurture us, in his and your grace, we've healed and thrived, a lot of us found homes, and mates aswell, it's why we will not be leaving or running, we will stay here, and if you let us, we will fight with you." Milrani concluded looking at all of us in the room.

"I like the proposed new name, it gives us mystery." Sir Ron spoke up as I checked the name. Shadow Creek Pack, I liked it too. "I second that." I mumbled as I looked to Cornell and my pops who nodded. "We are nolonger Hollow now are we." Cornell's mate joked. "Indeed, we are many, we are happy." His mate supported and smiled, it was infectious. "Then I will happily sign this, with everyone as witness." I told Milrani and everyone present who all nodded as they witnessed me sign the transfer and pack merging documents, they all signed aswell to show that they were in agreement, my hands connected with Milrani's and for a moment everyones thoughts crossed my mind, my power as alpha spread and grew. "It's done!" She cheered as Val stood up with a scowl and banged the door on his way out. "If that concludes everything, we have a party to plan then bags to pack." Dad announces, I had almost forgotten that they still had a trip to go on.

Everyone also announced they had something to do before leaving, though alpha Cornell didn't leave, rather smiled my way. "Oh kiddo, I couldn't be more proud of you, you're more so an alpha now than before." He states sitting next to me, his words were unexpected as I turned to face him. "I'm not sure I'll be good at this." I mumbled and he snickered, a familiar feeling washing over me. "You're never going to feel like you're ready, you're going to be scared half the time then angry half the time, but being alpha, it means growing, it takes time to perfect, to be a good leader, and you my boy, you're growing nicely into it and I'm so proud, I spoke to Jude last night, he was so overwhelmed with the new developments but one thing he did make sure to tell me, was that you were the right person to be alpha, that you had the strength to lead, to carry the burden of this very large pack and also be a papa, it's a task on its own but look at what you've achieved in two and half weeks, you've created a legacy that all whoever been part of this pack, would be proud of, you're going great Xander." His words burrowed deep, a sense of relief washed over me, then so much gratitude.

I couldn't put it all into words so I simply hugged him, tightly. "Thank you uncle Cornell, thank you." I exclaimed and he held me in his embrace, a reassurance that I needed. "You're welcome Larue—." He sighed, as we broke apart. "I know what I'm about to say next, will hurt, may hurt, and for a while since he came back, I've been thinking, giving myself hope that he could've changed, could've been able to lead with you but I can't say or do that, Val isn't ready to lead, I don't think at the rate he's going, he'll ever be ready, and I know it's cruel on him and a burden on you but I'd like it if you stayed the alpha, when he's truly been able to accept him self and learn that it's not about him, it's about the pack, the people we love and would kill for, then maybe his voice will matter, for now, I give you and assure that the mantle of alpha, stays with you." Yet again his words made my nerves spike, I understood where he was coming from and understood that as a father this might've been hard on him, but he wasn't just a father to Val, he was an alpha, a father to all of us and he had to put us first, so I took his hand in mine and squeezed.

"I understand." I tell him and he sniffles just a bit, I truly understood, this was hard. "I'm glad you do, you always do Larue." He chuckled as he pulled me in for another hug. "I'm glad my best friend and my brother had you children, my emotinal side tends to show up with you all." He joked even more as we both laughed in our embrace. "I'll be sure to tell them that." I joked as we separated and he patted my back. I was glad I had this talk with him, I now knew his wishes and dealing with Val became a lot easier. "Have fun with your lesson!" I called out as he left the meeting room. "I always do, I'm the sexy wolf." He replies eliciting a laugh from me, he was a good uncle, sure he struggled with Val but he was a great father too and his mate, she'd sing his praises day and night if she could.

As I was about to leave the meeting room Milrani walked in, her face divulged no secrets but I could tell there was something she wanted to tell me. "I had to wait for the alpha to leave, but it was imperative I talked to you alpha." She stated coming to sit next to me where Cornell had been. "What is it Milrani?" I questioned with hesitation, there was a gnawing feeling in my gut that I wouldn't like what she had to say. "When we were in the meeting, and I believe the former alpha's son, had a fit—." She began and I nodded. "I scented the alpha who captured us on him, the trace was faint because of the many wolves he's come in contact with, but believe me Xander, a scent that pungent would take a lot of time to truly fade away and when I scented it out, I asked Dorren to do so as well and he confirmed it was the same, and I say this not trying to cause any discord but alpha, that boy has been in touch with the devil, be careful." She explained and warned at the same time, I could tell if she were lying and she wasn't which made all that she said even more so alarming.

"Val recently came back to the pack after he left a few years ago, he claimed to want the pack, as was his birth right but there was something wrong with how he came back, something off with him." I replied Milrani and her eyes spoke for themselves, we were onto something. "I urge you to investigate." She replied and I nodded, I would definitely do so, something about Val was off and this was the first clue to finding out what. "I'll do so Milrani, with utmost discretion, thank you." I tell her and she nods bowing slightly before leaving me to think, could Val be possibly connected with the rogue alpha that kept my pack.

+++

We're really moving now.

Vote - Follow - Comment - Share

Saint Jay