16

Y/N POV

he seemed to freeze when I said those words. "please tell me you aren't rejecting me" he whispered, I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"of course not dummy. but we need to talk about how to keep us a secret when we have a mind reading friend" I explained.

he hummed , understanding. "and we also can't be loud when we're together because you guys have unusually good  hearing" I said, bringing my voice down to a whisper.

"gosh, I thought you were going to say that you hated me or something." he said, letting himself loosen up.

I chuckled. "and here I was thinking that you hated me all this time" I joked. he chuckled.

"ok so what are we going to do to keep us a secret?" I asked. Jake seemed to think for a moment.

"get on my back, I'm gonna take you somewhere." he said, but I was hesitant to listen to him.

"Jake if we're both gone they will all freak out and look for us!" I whisper shouted at him.

he sighed. he stood there thinking before he went out of the room. I stood there dumbfounded but decided to wait and see if he would come back, and sure enough 5 minutes later he walked back into the room.

"I just told rose that me and you were going to have a chat and try and come to an understanding" he explained.

"very smart. I'm impressed" I said, smirking.

he did that thing where he pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue while kind of smirking, and my god it made me weak in the knees.

"get on my back" he said, ignoring my comment.

I snickered and hopped onto his back , wrapping my arms and legs around his figure.

his hands held the undersides of my thighs , the slight skin ship making me slightly blush.

Jake walked over to the window and opened it, being as quiet as possible.

"hold on tight" he said before soaring out of the window and through the night sky.

I loudly gasped , and I grasped onto Jakes body tighter feeling as if I would fall if I didn't hold him close enough.

I heard him let out a laugh full of life. it was like flying was a way he could free himself of everything.

I smiled while watching him .

after about 5 minutes, Jake came down to the ground and we landed on a hill top that dropped to an open field.

"you wanna get off my back? or would you like to keep hugging me?" Jake asked me, I could hear the smirk through his voice.

I scoffed and immediately got off of his back.

"now we are somewhere we can talk and don't have to worry about vampires hearing us through the walls" Jake said.

I chuckled and walked to the edge of the hill and sat down, dangling my feet over the edge.

I felt Jake sit down beside me , there was a small silence but it wasn't awkward.

"so we need to talk about how not to get caught right?" Jake asked. I nodded my head.

"how are we going to get past Hana and her mind reading power?" I asked, not having any idea how to hide our 'relationship' from a mind reader.

"well her mind reading only works when she is purposefully trying to read your mind. so if we are just hanging in my room and she's downstairs , she won't be able to read our minds. but if she is standing in-front of you of in the same room as you, you will have to think of something other than me. think about something that will take up all of your thoughts. Just don't think of me at all" Jake explained.

I nodded my head in an understanding way.

"and how can we talk and... stuff when you all can hear through walls." I asked.

a small frown made its way onto jakes face. "we won't be able to talk or anything when they are around. unless we want to tell all of them about us and who I really am we are going to have to keep it on the down low. we have to either leave somewhere by ourselves or wait until they are all gone. luckily we all go hunting every weekend and I can leave earlier than all of them and come back quicker so me and you could have some time together" he said, inching closer to me.

I smiled. "you're a sneaky one aren't you" I teased. he smiled. "only for you" he said.

I laughed. "that was so cheesy" I said. he just laughed. I stopped laughing once I realized that Jake was staring at me.

"what are you looking at?" I whispered. instead of answering me, he came closer to me and brought my face to his, making our lips collide together.

his cold ,marble lips pressing into my warm, soft ones. my lips molding into the shape of his.

I pressed my hand on his chest, making sure I didn't fall over by the amount of movement.

he grabbed my hand and pulled it towards him. that sudden motion made me move forward in a fast motion to where I was now on top of Jake.

I gasped. Jake just smirked and kept on kissing me. I put my hands on either side of his body holding myself up , because to be honest, I'm not the lightest person.

Jake broke out into laughter, and flipped us so that he was hovering over me now. "I can assure you that you aren't heavy" he said.

"how the hell did you know I was thinking about that" I said, completely baffled by what he just said.

"blue bloods have every power.. remember?" He said as if it was obvious. I mouthed an 'o'.

he just chuckled and moved his face closer to mine, connecting our lips once more.

this is something I could get used to...