Chapter Seven

"Gift for Nigel? Dude, just give him a shirt or something." Vera snorted.

I looked at her in disbelief. "That is so basic, Vera. Come on, think of something."

"What the hell am I supposed to suggest? I don't know things about guys! Just give him a chic or something! They love those!"

I gave up. Vera can't be of any help to me. "Should I just give him a wristwatch or something?" I asked her, hoping that she'd agree.

"Oh yeah, you do that like Scarlet won't do that. I'm sure that brat will gift him a watch." Vera rolled her eyes and crossed her arms against her chest.

What should I give Nigel then? I don't know what he likes! I'm sure Scarlet knows since they've been together for four years. I've just known Nigel for, like, less than a week. Oh, less than a week, and that guy tried to play with me!

In the end, I bought a silver bracelet with his name engraved on it—that lucky douchebag. I wasted an hour or two of my life thinking about what gift I should give him! Vera just bought a bottle of liquor... is it Dalmore or something? She spent a fortune on it.

"Why alcohol?" I asked her while we were walking toward the parking lot.

"Why not? He's an adult," she responded in a matter-of-fact tone.

Vera helped me find what to wear. Syempre ay nakahanda na rin si Vera. She also did my makeup after doing hers, and she looked smoking hot. Hindi na ako magtataka kung mamaya ay marami na siyang manliligaw.

"How do I look?" she asked while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"Can I ask you out?" I asked her, and she laughed.

Natigil lang ang pagtawa ko nang tumunog ang cellphone ko. Nasa labas na raw si Sebastian.

"Seb's outside already," I informed Vera. She nodded before getting her purse.

Pagkalabas namin ng apartment ay napatingin ako sa sasakyan ni Sebastian. Seb's leaning on it while looking at his phone. He's wearing fitted slacks, a black suit, a black tie, and black shades. He looks so expensive.

"Chevrolet Corvette? Dude! You're rich!" Vera gasped.

Sebastian looked at her in confusion before looking at me. "Do you know her?" tanong niya sa akin.

I nodded. "She's Vera, my friend."

"Hi, Vera, Jairee's friend! I'm Sebastian. You can call me Seb." Seb beamed at her.

"Do you drive this every day?" Vera ignored him.

"No. I use my dad's car. I only use this when I'm with my friends." Seb answered.

"Where's the sun, by the way?" Vera teased him for wearing shades at night.

Napailing na lang ako at natawa bago sumakay sa sasakyan ni Sebastian. Vera did the same. Sebastian turned on the engine before driving.

"Damn, is that Dalmore?!" tanong ni Sebastian nang mapansin ang hawak ni Vera.

"Can't think of any gift for your dear friend." Vera shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you for real?! That's the best gift you could give him!" Seb said.

He drove faster than the normal speed kaya naman mabilis kaming nakarating sa isang Condominium.

"Sa rooftop." sabi ni Seb nang mauna na kami ni Vera bumaba at magpa-park pa siya ng sasakyan. Damn. They're rich.

Pagkasakay sa elevator ay nagulat pa ako nang may pumigil sa pagsara no'ng elevator door. Hinihingal ito na pumasok.