~Nine: This Is Us~

Chapter Nine: This is Us

Quote for Today~

'Love doesn't make the World go around, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.'

~Franklin P. Jones

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV~

Her heart wildly leapt as he turned around to look right into his eyes - filled with raw emotions and intensity. The appealing look in them melted her right away.

But the time he wasn't there when she needed him, how he humiliated her by Bringing Subhadra in the Year which was meant by them to share, how he Made her cry, brutally betrayed her - came flashing right in front of her eyes.

She was blinded by it.

Her anger rose in leaps by each passing second - she was so completely under the spell of her vulnerable past that she even forgot he was standing right in-front of her.

Those sleepless nights, those never-ending days...

"Why are you here?" she snapped rudely - her manners lying on the ground.

He looked at her with his eyes still warm - he was unaffected by her comment.

"To talk," he simply stated and took a step forward, and she took a step backward, keeping the distance between them. He again took a step forward and she took a step backward.

He looked irritated by now. "What's happening?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. I was sleeping peacefully until your message came flying in my room and I am here," She lied.

"Fine, I am sorry I disturbed you, but we really need to have the talk,"

"What talk? If you are again going to apologize for ruining our year and shattering my dreams then please leave." She turned around and started to walk away.

He didn't stop her - His face contained a knowing smile.

"I'm not here to apologize for that - I know you already forgave me. Allow me to express how ardently I admire you,"

She stopped in her tracks but chose not to be affected by his use of Words. 'He is just Flattering you' That Ugly Voice spoke the exact words she wanted.

"Friends Leave and Lovers Betray. Life is never the same, so are relationships," She snapped, looking right into his Hazel Eyes.

"But consequences are different if you give a chance to make the relationship even better than it was before." The tension between them was growing.

"Do You deserve that chance?"

"Maybe I do?" His voice was laced with hope

"Like, how can I trust you after this? I am positive that you will betray me again," she broke the eye-contact.