safe.

TW swearing 

~ mild spoilers for the penultimate peril!  

~ major plot change from the novels/show, i had an idea that i wanted to do but this was the only way to make it work 

lets goooo

Time skip brought to you by the ultimate shipper, Kit Snicket

"Ready you two?" Kit said cheerfully. 

Quigley shrugged. "Barely."

"Do you remember where you parked the taxi?" I asked hopefully. Kit nodded and explained that she had parked it under a tree that looked distinctly different than the others in the forest. (there was a forest near the lower part of the mountain in case u forgot because i did at first too)

 (there was a forest near the lower part of the mountain in case u forgot because i did at first too)

"We should go, I'm eager to meet with the Baudelaires soon." I said. Quigley and Kit nodded in agreement and we started to climb down the mountain. Though it took a little while, it was much easier than climbing up the waterfall while carrying a fully grown woman. We were almost to the place where Kit's taxi was parked when I noticed a faint buzzing sound that was growing closer. 

"Do you hear that?" I whispered. They nodded and Kit motioned for us to step back. Apparently we were too late, because the next moment my left hand started stinging. I screamed loudly in surprise and pain, and the same thing happened to Quigley and Kit. We ran under a tree to try and escape it, but our attempt was proven useless when a swarm of snow gnats flew over our heads and chased us throughout the forest. Anyone traveling in the mountains would have heard a combination of screaming, cursing, and overly loud insects. Eventually the swarm surrendered and we slumped down on a log to catch our breath.

"Holy shit, that was horrible." Quigley mumbled. Kit glared at him and he threw his hands up in confusion. "What'd I do?!"

"Language!" She scolded. I snickered and slapped him on the arm.

"Yeah Quigley, watch your language," I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, please. Don't act like you've never said that before."

"Has she?" Kit wondered in disbelief. She must have thought I was innocent, she was wrong.

"Hell yeah." I responded. "Hey, is that your taxi?" Just around the corner was a small bit of chipped lemon-yellow paint.

"Yeah, I think it is!" Kit exclaimed.

"I guess those horrible insects helped us out in a way," Quigley said. We made our way over to the taxi and attempted to open the doors. A layer of ice had accumulated on the doors, making it difficult to open.