the end.

~ hey guys i feel bad for forgetting to update this in like forever so im gonna write one more chapter 😭😭

The elevator was falling at top speed down the massive building. I could faintly hear Justice saying something, but her words were drowned out by the crackling flames and crumbling building. Suddenly, right as we reached the basement, it stopped. I exhaled, looking around.

"Maybe we-" Justice started to say. We then heard a quiet creaking from above the elevator. We looked up slowly, dust falling on our faces. 

"Is it over?" I said. 

"I believe-" She was interrupted with the top of the elevator collapsing, pieces of metal and ceiling falling into the elevator. I gasped and tried to press the button to open the door. It was broken. I looked back to see Justice's leg trapped under a piece of ceiling. "I'm stuck, go on without me."

"N-no, I can't. I can't get the door open. It's over, Justice." I heard a loud crack that came from the outside wall of the hotel. We slowly turned to each other and then it all collapsed. All 9 floors, still burning, of the Hotel Denouement fell to the ground on top of us. The grand piano from the lobby fell on top of me, trapping me. I then realized, it really was over. Nine floors of burning debris covered us. As the smoke filled my lungs, I thought of my friends. I wondered and hoped they would reach somewhere safe where they could stay for a while. I hoped they would think of me, and understand this was the only way. I breathed one last breath of smoke, then it went black.

Time skip

Quigley's POV

I sat in the small tent I shared with the others, wondering what had happened to her. Had she made it out? If she had, would she find the island? I heard running footsteps coming towards the tent

"Come out! Paper!" Sunny said. She grabbed onto my hand and led me to the shore. 

"What am I looking for? There's too much in the water." I said. Then, I noticed a copy of The Daily Punctilio floating among the other things. The ink had run a bit from the water, but Violet pointed to the headline.

"Hotel Denouement Destroyed." Klaus read. "After an extreme fire, The Hotel Denouement has collapsed. There were no survivors. Among the rubble, they located the bodies of the town's judge Justice Strauss and missing orphan Y/n L/n." 

"No way." Violet whispered. Klaus threw the paper back into the water and picked up Sunny. We hugged, looking out at the setting sun above the water. 

After the sun went down, the others started to head back.

"Come on, we're going to bed." Klaus said to me. I shook my head and sat down on the sand. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something bright orange floating in the waves. It was a tiger lily, Y/n's favorite flower. She really had found us after all. 

The end. 

~heyy guys sorry this is kinda a bad ending

~ thank you all for reading! i cant believe how many reads this story has. i hope you all enjoyed!