witness.

TW swearing

~ i remembered dialogue!! finally!! (with some help by snicket.fandom.com)

~ playlist will be linked in the comments (once my spotify loads)!

~ editing tomorrow because i'm sure there's a million mistakes

here we go!

"Oh, there you are!" Justice exclaimed as she saw the five of us enter the lobby. "Come with me, we need to discuss something." She led us on a very silent elevator ride before entering room 342.

"Are we getting arrested?" I asked nervously on the way to the room. It was stupid, but I was worried anyway. 

"No, of course not. No, we need to talk about Olaf's trial tomorrow." Justice replied. I exhaled softly in relief.  

"Are you sure the High Court can handle Olaf?" Violet wondered. True, he can be a bitch sometimes. A lot of times.

"I don't blame you for having doubts, children. Count Olaf fooled me once, and I will never forgive myself, but there are two other judges on the High Court whom I've known for years. They've always been very concerned whenever I've reported on your cases." Justice explained. "I hope you can forgive me," 

"But-" Klaus began. 

"But if not, you can trust the law." she smiled slightly before exiting the room and shutting the door. The lock clicked and Sunny whimpered in shock.

"She locked the door," Quigley said. (no shit sherlock 👨‍🔧/j)

"Maybe we deserve to be locked up," I sighed. "Dewey was a good person, and he's dead because of us."

"Y/n, he's dead because of Olaf. Tomorrow, we can help out him behind bars for good." Violet replied.

"He's fooled people before," Quigley said. "How do we know he won't fool the High Court?"

"We'll prepare for any tricks he might pull." I replied. "Klaus, have you read anything about trials?"

"Not much. Wait, this is Room 342." He responded.

"Your point?" Quigley asked.

"In a library, 342 is the Dewey Decimal Number for 'criminal law.' Therefore..." He opened the drawer on the bedside table. He pulled out a slightly worn book. "Criminal Law."

"It's almost morning, and there are lots of laws." Quigley said.

"You'll have to read quickly. Mother said laws are like sausages. If you learn how they're made, it can ruin your breakfast." Violet explained.

"Sunny, how do you make sausages?" I wondered. She groaned in disgust and flopped into my lap.

"Don't ask."

                        Time skip to the next morning brought to you by the High Court 🥬

It was morning, and I had just had the worst sleep of my life. We only had two beds in the room, so Violet and Sunny shared one and Quigley took the other. Klaus and I were stuck sleeping on the cold floor covered in couch cushions. Around eight, I felt something hit my side. 

"Y/n, wake your ass up!" Violet yelled jokingly as she hit me with her shoe. I screamed loud enough to being my parents back from their grave and ran over to her with the Criminal Law book in my hand.