Chapter XI: Visiting day

Something that sucks is when everyone's talking about their family and how happy they're to see them. Like literally everyone is talking about that. Well everyone in my non-existent family is already here, or in heaven. Though I bet that Alex is in hell. At least I hope he is.

Since it's the visiting day, we don have any training, which will be so boring, because I have nothing to do all day. Maybe I could get a tattoo or something like that.

This morning breakfast is better than usual. We even get Dauntlesscake! I sit down next to Sara with baguette and coffee. I know, I know, coffee can become an addiction but you only live once right? And remember that I got four vicious brothers who probably wants me dead so I could care less. Alice and Hanna sits with us agian. They are actually pretty nice and chill. We talk for a bit, for once I'm a small part of the conversation which seems to shock both girls. 

After breakfast comes the moment I dreaded the most. We all four walks into the pit that's filled with parents and initiate's from both Dauntless and other factions. Alice and Hanna walks over to their parents, squealing with big smiles on their faces. I watch as Alice hug her mother and a sudden feeling of jealousness wash over me. It feels like a knife is stabbing my heart as I remember my own mother. Before I can stop it the sadness reflects in my face and my eyes tearing up. Sara wraps her arms around me in a hug, probably noticing the tears in my eyes. I wrap my around her waist and blink away my tears while she rubs my back. A minute later I pull away from her, no emotion left on my face. Her eyes looks pitifully on mine before she dart her eyes around the room. Sara's face lights up with a big smile and she grabs my hand.

"Come on!" She says and drag me across the Pit to a Candor family of three. They are all wearing black and white. The older woman, who I guess is her mother, has dark skin like the rest of the family and her brown hair put up in a bun. She looks alot like Sara and she looks around her like she's expecting someone to jump on her. He man is bald with brown eyes and I think I see black tattoo's along his neck and hands. The last member in the family is a 12 year old girl with cute pigtails. Her eyes are litterally shining and her face lights up just like Saras does when she sees her sister.

"Sara!" she shouts and wraps her arms around Sara's neck. Both sisters are laughing and Sara hugs her back. She then hugs her parents with a big smile on her face. Her mother who looked suspicious looks just happy now. They exchange greetings and 'How are you?' before their eyes land on me, awkwardly standing next to their family reunion.

"And who is this?" her mother asks polietly with a smile.

"This is Zorro" Sara tells her parents while swinging an arm around my shoulders "Zorro this is my family! My mother Tatiana, father Scott and little sister Christina" I shake their hands as she introduces us. I have a smile on my face, I'm not sure if it looks strained or fake and I pray to god that I'm at least a bit polite. Meeting someone's parent makes me kind of uncomfortbale. 

"Nice to meet you" Scott says.

"You too" I say before glancing over at Sara "I guess that you have some catching up to do, so I'll leave you to it" 

"OK, I'll see you at dinner" Sara answers and I walk away to the tatoo palor, hoping that they haven't closed it because of the visiting day. The shop is open! a smile makes its way on my face as I walk in. Rebecca stands behind the counter and looks up at me. I walk around for a while, looking at some designs. At last I find a cool design with the Dauntless symbol and flames around it. I take it down and walk over to Rebecca who's already seting up her equipment. 

"Hi" I begin and she looks up at me "I'd like this one" She nods and takes the design from me while patting on the chair. I sit down and tell her that I want it next to my collarbones. 

 →←

I don't know how long I've been sitting there, enjoying the silence and pain when she finally tells me that she's done. I look down on my collarbone and gets shocked over how good it looks. The black  flames are dancing around the circle making it look really cool. She puts some creame and bandage over it before  I thank her and get up. After I pay her I walk out from the tattoo palor and scan the crowd for Sara. I watch as she says goodbye to her family and they walk away from her to the exit. I hurry over to her and she still has a big smile on her face as she sees me. 

"Let's grab some dinner, I'm starving" She tugs me along to the mess hall. 

The next day

We all sit in the mess hall, anxious to find out who's cut out and who's not. My leg is bouncing up and down under the table while I glance around the room. I shouldn't be so nervous, like come on, I've won all my matches. Or at least three and a half out of four (since no one won between me and Cameron).  So why am I so nervous? What if I didn't make it because Eric hates me? Can he even do that?

Sara sits next to me and Alice and Hanna sits in front of us. None of us are talking. I think we all are unsure, except for me, if we're going to make it. But thay are all preatty good actually. Sara won four out of five matches, Hanna won three out of five but damn, she's good with knives and guns. Alice also won four our of five. I think that we all be over the red line, at least I hope so. Suddenly the mess hall got quiet and I looked around to see Max and some other leader standing on the balcony overlooking the mess hall. 

"Initiates, if you're ranked above the red line, you'll move on to the second stage of training" Max began and looked over us all "If you're below it, we'll waste no more time on you. Here are you're rankings" He pointed at the board and the names started popping up. 

1 Thomas

2 Zorro

3 Cameron

4 Mark

5 Sara

6 William

7 Alice

8 Theo

9 Hanna

10 Mona

---------red line---------

11 Finn

12 Jacob

13 James

14 Cloe

15 Sally 

Cheers erupted in the room and I swear that I dropped my jaw. Holy shit, I was second place!!!!! For once I cheered with everyone else, not caring that I almost screams of the top my lungs. I stand up and hugs Sara who's cheering with me, before realizing what I'm doing. Getting attached to people wasn't  a part of the plan and I quickly let go of her before muttering a 'good job' to her. Thankfully she doesn't notice the change in my mood and she reach over to hug both Hanna and Alice. I look around the room to see everyone cheering, except for those who was cut out. I see Cloe who's crying her eyes out while Mona holds her close. But I don't miss the way she's smiling. Then my eyes land on someone else and I smirk evily at him. 

'Game's on brother', I think, 'time for part two in my plan'

A/N

I know that this chapter is short an kind of boring, but it'll be better soon.

I took you advice Marvel_DivergentBish and the next chapter will be published next week!

Thank you for reading!
-Shado