Discontinued

Basically, this version of The Masquerade will not be finished. Honestly you don't really have to know anything past that, but read on if you want.

    The Masquerade has been an ongoing work of mine for a long time, and I hold it close to my heart, but I think it's time for this version of it to be let go.

why?
There are a lot of reasons for that.

1. When I started this, I had just been getting into writing, so my writing style was really inconsistent and underdeveloped.

2. This was not planned. Like at all. This was all I had going into it .

 This was all I had going into it

yeah. (I didn't even make up my mind on what was actually going on with Jolin till a couple weeks ago.

3. It was extremely unedited. I usually didn't read over the chapters before posting them. The later chapters were edited by the amazing a-rainbow-frog , but that still leaves most of the earlier chapters pretty messy.

4. Recently, I've been trying to make my works a bit more polished, and leaving my random thoughts for "Elfy Thoughts" or my message board. This work is definitely something I feel I could do better with.

5. In the past months, I've made the decision to not publish works until the entire rough draft is done, as it just makes it easier for me, but I definitely didn't do that with this, making my updates very inconsistent.

What will this mean for the story?
This version of "The Masquerade" will be kept up, but it will be marked as an older version and will not be finished. I will be working on a new version privately, and that will be out at some point.

Thank you so much to everyone who has stuck around for this work, and has watched me progress as a writer. Also, a special thank you to a-rainbow-frog for your help editing this.