✬ On The Hunt ✬

Tubbo's POV
(TW: Gore)

I don't know who this guy is or what he is doing but my heart has never trusted someone so much. His empathy in the cell was enough to prove he was on my side and he wasn't here to hurt me like the rest of his kind. He was..different. The boy's grip was rather tight as he slipped us along the full streets. My wounded wrist was throbbing, my heart was hammering my ribs and I could barely hear myself think. I would trip here and there but even then the boy would slow down until I regained my balance. I tried really hard to keep up with his quick pace but my legs were aching from sprinting. My heavy black hooves added a hard clunk into the mix of smooth clanks along the pavement as I walked. Everyone was rather dressy here, making me feel even more out of place. Stuck in my busy head, I didn't notice when the tall boy came to a halt and I ran right into him. He stepped forward with the unexpected impact while I stumbled back.
"Sorry." I whispered sheepishly, lowering my ears. He simply just smiled, releasing my wrist from his strong hand as he turned to me. His waist folded as he brought his upper body to my level.
"Go hide in that bush, I got some convincing to do." He whispered in my ear, I felt his warm breath against the fur that filled my low set ears. As he straightened himself he watched me for my okay. I nodded then we both went separate ways. I took big strides to help me not be so attention drawn as well as reaching my destination quicker. Once reaching the bush he had pointed to, I looped around behind it and knelt to the earth floor. My knee bounced restlessly as I peered through the bushy branches of the earthy green cluster. I rested on my toes, watching as Ranboo and an Endermen guard talked amongst themselves. I couldn't hear them since I was far, far away from them but I could tell the boy was getting frustrated since his tails would sway harder with every passing minute.

It's been 5 minutes now and the tall boy was now struggling to keep himself from lashing out. I had adjusted my position, now sitting cross legged in the dirt with my elbow digging into my leg and propping up my chin. Come on man, hurry! I heard the back of my head demand as I huffed anxiously. I had a bad feeling about the guard we had dodge in the cell. What if they were building an entire hunting army to head for us? That would be incredibly scary. As fear grew in my twisted stomach, I shoved those thoughts away while my attention was drawn to the sickening sound of a knife plunging into someone or something. My eyes widened as I watched the kid back up from the gate controls, hands surrendered in the air and the Endermen guard collapsed at his feet. Obviously lifeless and dead since his legs were folding in a very unalive way. I felt myself almost gag as a pool of deep red circled the body. The boy stepped over the Endermen and messed around with the controls until I heard gears stir and the gate began to spur and pop as it slowly pulled itself open, creating a small enough gap for me and the boy to slip through. With that thought, I noticed the boy waving at me to come. I rose to my feet, speeding to a sprint while dusting the dry soil off my legs. Once I reached him, he didn't hesitate to take my hand and pull me in front of him. His cold fingers interlocked with mine while he held my hand above my head, guiding me through the gate until we were out. He did drop my hand but he continued to sprint into the woods, his boots thumping along the ground and soon mine did too as I picked up pace and followed him. Sticks cracked and leaves crunched beneath our weight as we ran, even having to hop over a couple fallen trees in our path. Birds chirped, taking off from the branches as we came barreling through the deep and low numbered trees. My liver cramped and my heart was thumping so loud that I could have mistaken it for being in my head. Due to cramps and exhaustion, I slowed my pace and came to a stop. My breathing was heavy and there were spots in my vision.
"H-Hey..s-slow down!" I called out, feeling my knees buckle beneath me. The kid came to a sliding halt as a result of my weak comment and was quick to whip around. He sighed in guilt rather than dread, stepping over to me as he looped around me. He gently placed his arm around me, his other reached across my waist as he helped me settle down onto the ground. My legs crossed and soon my tiredness was weighing me down, making me hunch over, staring at the leaves and dirt. The boy was resting on his knees beside me, his arm still around me and draped along my neck.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to push that hard." He apologized quietly, dropping his head while his gaze fell to the ground. I lifted my shaky hand and patted his leg.
"You're okay, just need to catch my breath. In all fairness I should exercise more." I replied with a small chuckle, still breathing heavily but at least I wasn't heaving for air like I was a second ago. He tilted his head to look over at me with a small smile curving his lips.
"You ended up stabbing him, heh?" I said, stretching my legs out in front of me while I pressed back into my palms. His arm awkwardly slid away from my neck and he rested both hands in his lap. I just realized he still had the pocket knife in hand, soaking with deep red yet the blade still caught the sunset shine. He sighed regretfully before closing up the pocket knife and tucking it into a pocket on the inside of his deep black blazer.
"It was my only choice after he pulled his sword on me." He replied with a long exhale before looking up ahead, observing the trees in front of us. Meanwhile I was staring at him in worry.
"Are you hurt? Did he cut you? Are you bleeding?" I asked frantically, taking his hands and pulling them close to my chest. He simply chuckled with a graceful smile, not pulling away from my grip. I don't know why I cared so much, I don't even know this gorgeous boy's name.
...
That right there.
Gorgeous boy. That's why I cared. God, I'm pathetic.
"I'm quite alright, he clipped my leg but I will be okay." The boy's voice rung, pulling me from my dumb head. I met his gaze with a worried exhale. "But I do appreciate your concern." He added with a shallow exhale/chuckle. I smiled and nodded, looking away and towards the trees.
"It's one way to pay off the debt I owe you." I commented with a bubbly tone, my insides squirmed as I felt his confused, mulit-coloured eyes, turn over to me.
"Debt?" He questioned sharply. I looked back over and shrugged my shoulders, confused by his reply.
"Dude, you just saved my life back there while betraying your entire kind to get me, a dumb 18 year old, out of my own mess." I answered, my eyes glancing between the trees and his eyes. His gaze loosened as realization came to his senses.
"You don't have to pay me back for that. It was out of kindness. Besides, they don't like me anyway." The poor soul sighed, looking away and down at his fiddling hands. Except he didn't seem sad, just fidgety. Anxious and scared. I smiled, feeling my heart weigh down from the amount of pathetic in my head.
"So? Do you have a name or do I need to keep referring to you as the boy?" I smirked, nudging his shoulder playfully. His eyes lit up shyly as his tails (Very fascinating that he has two tails, by the way) wrapped around his folded legs, resting calmly.
"My name's Ranboo. How about you?" He-Ranboo, questioned with a charming smile as he tilted his head curiously. Ranboo. What an interesting name. It took me a second to realize I left him hanging without a reply for a rather long few moments.
"I'm Tubbo." I replied joyfully, my ears perked up as a result of his rather surprised but happy smile.
"Tubbo? That's a cool name." Ranboo complimented happily, breaking our eye contact and facing the trees that were past me. Although I smiled, I worried about his anxiousness. Did he think we were in danger? We have weapons, I have an extra pocket knife hiding away in one of my many pockets. As I shifted my weight, a stick cracked beneath me which sent him into panic. I quickly reached for his arm and wrapped my tiny hand around his stick-like wrist.
"That was me, calm down." I said softly, reassuringly brushing his shoulder with my hand. His body was extremely tense and I almost felt I could hear his heart slamming against his ribs like an enclosed animal.
"Ranboo. Hey!" I exclaimed, speaking a little louder which snapped his attention back to me. As soon as his attention turned, an arrow blazed by our heads and pinned into a tree behind Ranboo with a dull thump. This sent both of our emotions haywire and his breathing went extremely unsteady while my eyes shifted to the arrow in horror.
"They found us." Ranboo mumbled anxiously.

A/N: Oh no whatever shall they do? Lol. What do you guys think? Predictions? Check back tomorrow for le next chapter:)
Word Count: 1678
Have a good night/day!<3

-San