✬ Safe? ✬

Tubbo's POV

(TW: Hugging, Crying, Wholesomeness On Another Level)

After pestering Ranboo a tad more about where he was taking us, I finally just gave up.
"Why won't you tell me!" I cried, turning around as I began walking backwards and longed for his reply while observing the beautiful surroundings of tall trees and falling leaves.
"I've already told you like..20 times. It's. A. Surprise!" He replied, giving me a playful push to throw off my balance, making me topple to the right. I caught myself before completely hitting the warm dirt and glanced at him unamused as I regained myself with a frown.
"Jerk." I mumbled angrily. Ranboo just scoffed, continuing forward. The path he was taking us down was pretty clean, surprisingly for it didn't have much rubbish like rocks and roots plus it was clear Ranboo knew exactly what he was doing.
"Hey Ranboo?" I questioned, looking up at him. He slowed his pace and returned my glance.
"Hey Tubbo?" He mocked with that stupid but lovable grin. I gave him a smug look before proceeding to ask my question.
"What was your mom? She was your white half, right?" I asked softly, we both stepped over a massive root along the path. I could tell he was hesitant to reply.
"Yes...She died when I was 9 so I don't remember much about her. With my memory, I lost all I had known about her except the things we used to do. In conclusion, I have no idea what she was." He explained, the confidence in his tone dropped as he spoke. I felt bad for asking.
"Ah, sorry." I sighed shamefully, trying to think of how to bring the warmhearted mood back. We both went silent, he was kicking stones in his path while I had turned back around and was watching him from behind. He had picked up his pace so without a care, I was observing. Although, through the silence I heard sticks snap. My first instinct was to whip out a weapon and go into defense mode but instead, I reached for Ranboo's arm and pulled him to a stop. He looked back at me confused, tilting his head as he hunched down.
"What's wr-"
I cut him off swiftly, pulling him down to my level and shaking my head firmly. We both went dead silent as I listened for the sounds again. All that rang was very faint crying and sticks snapping here and there. I let go of Ranboo, pulling out my pocket knife and beginning to creep towards the sound.
"Tubbo! Where are you going? Are you insane!?" I heard Ranboo whisper-shout as he was quick to follow.
"C'mon Ranboo, have some confidence. It's surely not Endermen." I informed quietly, reaching back and patting him gently on the shoulder. I heard him sigh doubtfully before he left it alone and followed close behind me. As we pushed forward, the more clearer and clearer the cries became. Once I felt we were right there, I took Ranboo's arm and hid us both behind a thick cedar tree.
"Count of three, turn around and-" I began, looking over at him before narrowing my eyes, confused after noticing he didn't have a weapon in hand. "Where is your knife?" I questioned quietly, he panicked for a minute before stuffing his hand in his pockets and soon pulling out a small black pocket knife.
"Right here." He replied in a whisper tone, flipping it open. I nodded understandingly while holding up three fingers. I put each down and on the last finger, we both flipped around from behind the tree. Our knives extended as we laid eyes on our target.
"Tubbo, it's a kid." Ranboo muttered in shock, his arm lowered as he stood in place. I lowered my weapon as well. It was a small piglin, sitting in the dirt as it rocked back and forth. It looked around 3-4 years old and was absolutely streaming with tears. As I was trying to process, it only took seconds for Ranboo to be on his knees next to the crying boy. I put the knife away, tucking it in my pocket before walking over to the two with slight hesitation. I slowly lowered beside them, placing my hand gently on Ranboo's back.
"Hey little man, what's going on?" Ranboo inquired sadly, cupping his hand around the boy's face. The small child was quivering and was having a hard time forming words.
"H-Hunt.." The boy mumbled through tears. Ranboo moved closer, resting down on his knees as he tried his best to dry the tears without burning himself. I remember Ranboo explaining how Endermen burn in water. Like when we were being chased and his legs were aching for around three hours because of the river.
"Are you hurt?" I asked softly, sitting cross legged beside them. The boy shook his head as he wiped his tears with the sleeves of his yellow sweater. Ranboo combed his fingers through the boy's bubblegum pink hair as an effort to calm him.
"You can come with us. We'll keep you safe." Ranboo said in a very calming tone that distracted me from what he just said. I jerked my head back in shock, looking over at him.
"Ranboo, we can't take care of a kid.." I panicked quietly, leaning close to him. Without words he shot me a glare that was quick to make me silent. Ranboo reached under the boy's arms, picking him up off the ground and resting the kid on his hip. I stood up with them, still on the fence about Ranboo's whole 'we'll keep you safe' thing. We can barely keep ourselves safe and now we're responsible for a child? It was clear this was an action from the heart. Ranboo would never leave a poor boy to suffer in the woods. Neither would I.
"Do you have a name?" Ranboo asked calmly with a faint smile. The boy's tears were slowing the more Ranboo talked to him and it was a really wholesome sight.
"My name..Mi-Mich..ael?" The little boy replied, with a really cute smile. Ranboo nodded understandingly as we both began to walk. Well- Ranboo started walking and I automatically followed.
"Ah, Michael?" Ranboo questioned as he tilted his head slightly. The Boy nodded excitedly as he clapped lightly. Ranboo chuckled happily. "It's nice to meet you, Michael." He greeted gaily, making my heart melt. This kid was crying an ocean 2 minutes ago.
"Do you..have name?" Michael asked in the cutest little voice ever. Ranboo nodded gently.
"I'm Ranboo and that is Tubbo." Ranboo replied, slowing his pace so I could catch up and walk with them. "You can also call him Bee." I heard Ranboo add in a whisper, making Michael light up cheerfully.
"Bee and Boo!" Michael smiled eagerly. I looked up at Ranboo who was quick to meet my gaze. I grinned as his eyes sparkled with love for the little boy. I've never felt more at peace than I am right now.
"Perfect names." I commented, looking over at the boy who was already eyeing me curiously. He reached over and grabbed my horns, pulling himself from Ranboo's arms and over to me. Clumsily, Ranboo and I transferred Michael into my arms. I held him up while I giggled joyfully, feeling him tug around on my horns.
"Careful with the horns there kiddo, they're pretty sharp." I warned thoughtfully. Michael let go of my horns and wrapped around my neck, hugging me tightly. I glanced over at Ranboo who was watching this mirthfully.
"Easy on the hug, you're gonna choke me." I chuckled, patting the kids back as I felt him loosen his grip.
"Sorry Bee." Michael sighed with a mild frown. I shook my head.
"You don't need to apologise, I'm just playing around." I assured lightheartedly as the boy looked over to Ranboo. Michael started reaching for Ranboo and without hesitation, I handed the kid over to the taller one. As soon as Ranboo had Michael, he started gently tossing Michael in the air which made the little boy laugh happily. Soon Boo lowered Michael, huddling the boy close to his body.
"What is your favourite flower?" Ranboo surveyed curiously. Michael went quiet for a minute as he thought about it.
"Mm..rose." Michael replied as he leapt up and wrapped tightly around Ranboo's neck. The tall boy looked over to me, tilting his head curiously. "What about you Tubbo?" He asked softly. Again, his tone distracted me from the question. I assumed he asked the same question as Michael so I started putting my brain to work. I've never really thought about a favourite flower. They're all gorgeous.
"I don't know. Maybe..Ghost Orchids? They're pretty cool." I replied with uncertainty and a small shrug. Ranboo nodded firmly.
"Noted." He smiled confidently, making me question what he was talking about. Michael was observing and listening, maybe tired from all the crying. I wouldn't blame him, crying is draining.
"What do you mean 'noted'?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as he grinned eagerly. I soon noticed we approached a wall of bushy green trees with a dark, arching tunnel cut through the trees right in front of us.
"Go ahead." He encouraged, knowing I was hesitant. Ranboo seemed over the moon about something, I've never seen him so excited about a tunnel. Were we here? The place he wouldn't tell me about? With that thought in mind, I bolted down the tunnel. I felt the rough branches and leaves brush against me as I sped through, Ranboo was close behind. I pulled myself towards the exit, the sunlight beaming through. We all emerged from the tunnel. I looked up to see a tall, pure black gate that was tangled with roses and vines and behind that gate was the most beautiful house ever.

A/N: ClIf HangEr✨✋🏻

Word count: 1658
Have a good night/day!!!<33

-San