✬ Woods of Blood ✬

Ranboo's POV

(TW: Swears, Gore)

I didn't hesitate to push my body up on my feet with Tubbo clutching to my arm to rise up with me. I turned towards the deep woods, another arrow swept through the air, pinning the same tree as the first warning. Fear was burning my throat like I had just shoved a flame into my mouth while adrenaline pumped through my veins. I began to pick up speed, going from a sprint to a full on run in a matter of seconds. Tubbo was close behind, his hooves thumped along the dirt floor. Even though I could hear him, I peeked back just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. My breathing was heavy as I strained my legs to run. The dark draped across the sky, making roots and stones hard to see. With that thought, my boot caught on a root and pulled me down. My ankle shot with pain and I struggled to get my body off the ground. I felt small arms wrap tightly around my waist, pulling me up from the cold soil and pushing me forward.
"Keep running!" I heard Tubbo cry, forcing his small hands firmly into my back as he encouraged me to pull through the worsening pain of my twisted ankle. I tripped over my own feet a couple times and each time, Tubbo would be right behind to push me forward or pull me along before I hit the ground. Long legs were efficient but really hard to run with. On a different note, I didn't think they would be that quick to hunt us down. But I guess with my father incharge, anything was possible..
Especially if killing me is the contract. The whole point of my actions was to get this poor boy out of here and having him behind me, in the most dangerous place, was not the way to do it. I slowed my pace, extending my arm back until I felt his hand tangle with mine. As soon as the contact was shared, I clutched his hand tightly and pulled him ahead of me, pushing him gently to pick up his speed.
"Your life's on the line, so act like it!" I mumbled breathlessly as I tried to get him to go a lot quicker. As planned, this did click into his head and Tubbo's pace sped up by at least 40%. His athletic legs launched him quickly over the rotting and ant infested tree that laid in our path while I simply had to do a small hop to get over. As the log fell far behind us, I began to hear thumps of hooves punch into the earth floor as they possibly jumped over the fallen tree. No way they were on horses, right? Curious, I glanced over my shoulder and sure enough; A herd of pitch black, silky tall horses were flying over the fallen tree before regaining their strides and continuing their chase. The Endermen upon their backs wore black capes with hoods that flowed behind them in the wind while they carried crossbows and arrows, a couple even had swords. As they got closer, their purple eyes beamed through the trees, following us sharply. I knew we didn't stand a chance as I listened to the stirrups and bridle bits clank together like chains. Holy cow did those weapons make my vision clear, making me pick up more speed. I wasn't in the mood to die on the run.
"Faster Tubbo they're on horses." I shouted, pushing him forward more and more as I felt the horses get hauntingly closer to us.
"What?!" His tired voice cried in fear. Tubbo tripped on a stone and with reflex, I was quick to snatch his forearm and pull him ahead before he had time to stumble forward. Through the dark, I heard arrows zip past me and dart into trees while faint growls and yelling overlapped from the riders. The dark was so black that I had no idea where I was running. My eyes glowed intensely, scanning my surroundings with fear. Zoned out, My pace had slowed and as a result, I felt a sharp stab into my shoulder blade. The impact made me topple forward onto the ground. It began to ache incredibly bad and my shoulder went numb. My whole arm went numb in a matter of seconds but the pain remained. As he noticed my tall presence wasn't behind him anymore, Tubbo came to a quick stop before whipping around to quickly rush over to me as he tried very hard to get me off my knees. He pulled on both arms, my impaled one throbbed so bad that I screamed in agony. We felt the ground shake like thunder as the horses got threateningly closer.
"Ranboo, get up! Come on! You can do it." Tubbo cried, wrapping his arms around my chest as he used his tired strength to pull me up. I forced myself through the pain, stammering to my feet. I felt his small hand squeeze mine before he began to pull me along. We both picked up impeccable speed. My shoulder ached unbearably with each arm pump. I felt blood trickle down my shoulder and soon reaching my back. My white button-up shirt plastered to my skin with the sticky blood, making my left side stiff as the crimson red dried. The cold air felt nice against my lightly sweat covered body, although it was awfully quick to send a chill down my aching spine. I heard the horses huff and snort as they rode closer and closer, each step sending more fear into my sporadic mind, the blood trailing further down my side.
"C'mon Ranboo, I know it hurts but you gotta move." Tubbo cried, yanking me forward and picking up more speed. I guess having your life on the line keeps you distracted from the painful cramps? I did as encouraged and picked up an acceptable amount of speed.

We came to a fast running creek, no other choice but to barrel through it. As we set foot into the ice water, my pants up to my calves were soaked, boots were filled with water. Tubbo struggled to push through the heavy current with his shorter build but I helped pull him along. I heard the sounds of another arrow brushing past us. And another. And another until one expectedly didn't miss. It ended up catching Tubbo right in his knee joint.
"Shit!" I heard him cry painfully before I felt an extreme amount of weight pull on my arm as Tubbo collapsed beside me. The water faded with deep red as his leg soaked in the cold rush. Up to his waist was now drenched in the blood fading cold. Tubbo was breathing extremely heavy while his heart was pounding through his chest. I was quick but careful to pick him up, his arms draped around my neck as I held him up like a 5 year old child. The horses seemed to be delayed for now, something must have come in their path. This gave me enough time to tread through the bloody water, hauling Tubbo's body out till my aching feet were soon upon land once again. My legs were burning, feeling as if they were going to melt right off as a result of the water. I gently laid Tubbo against a tree and cupped my anxiously shaky hand around his face.
"Tubbo, hey. You're alright. Hang in there.." I mumbled reassuringly as I rubbed his shoulder. Distracting him as my other hand reached under his leg and tugged quickly on the impaled arrow in his knee. He was too tired to scream but he cried breathlessly. I was quick to cover the wound with my hand and put pressure on it. The warm blood melted into my hand, making my insides turn. I comfortingly rubbed his unharmed but water soaked leg.
"Just chill out, we have a few seconds to catch our breath." I sighed, shifting my position to sit beside him in front of the thick tree. Tubbo whined in pain, cupping his hands around his face as he body began to quiver settley.
"It's okay, you're doing great." I whispered, wrapping my arm around him and pulling him closer as an attempt to help him feel safer in a horribly unsafe and death threatening situation. His head didn't hesitate to lean into me, tucking under my chin as he was careful not to stab me with his horns. I brushed his shoulder with my hand, trying hard to not rest back on the tree as the arrow was still painfully pierced through my skin. One small nudge and my arm was right back to throbbing horribly, making my tired eyes threaten to water.

Sounds had died down, only owls hooting and Tubbo's unsteady breathing. We rested in pure silence, both of us were incredibly tired from the chase. My ears perked as I heard a mixed fumble of hooves thumping along the ground, each step was powerful and earth shaking.
"Ranboo.." Tubbo mumbled worriedly.
"Hm?" I hummed in response. I looked up from my lap and there were black, tall friesians standing restlessly around Tubbo and I. Their breath like thick smoke through the cold and dark forest air. My heart rate sped up by 100% as 10 pairs of deep purple eyes gazed into my soul. I gulped down my fear and stayed extremely quiet, knowing we were on death's doorstep right now.

"Surprise."

A/N: Wow that was an exciting chapter, yeah? Come back tmr for the next one 👀
Word Count: 1600
Have a good night/day!<3

-San