✬ Lover Of Mine ✬

Ranboo's POV

(TW: Fluff, Lovey Dovey, Splash Of Drama<3)

My heart stopped. Did I scare him? He was just standing there, not saying a word. I watched as at least 4 different emotions washed over him. My hands began to ache and my mind was beginning to close in.
"What?" He finally mumbled, locking his shocked eyes on my nervous multi-coloured hues.
"B-But I don't want to scare you! I mean love is a strong word but it's the right word. Or at least I think and..-and I feel myself regretting it now..shoot..." I ranted meekly, interlocking my fingers behind my neck as I pinched my throat. His shocked expression was quick to drop and now he just looked upset, reaching up and holding my wrists as he pulled my arms back down, holding my hands loosely. I couldn't tell if he was upset with me or himself? I'm too confused.
"Ranboo, Ranboo! Calm down. You're not scaring me. It's just.." Tubbo began, trailing off as he shifted his weight. A small smile began to form on his face.
"It's just what?" I inquired, feeling his grip tighten as I scanned his emotions. Was he happy? Frustrated? Both? Frustrated with a smile to trick me? So many mixed signals!
"It's great. This is great." He finally continued, making me smile as I tilted my head confusedly. His face expression grew slightly more insecure and less confident like it was a second ago. "I would be lying if I said I don't like you back." Bee confessed with a playful eye roll. I grinned sheepishly, feeling a small buzz of joy and relief in my stomach.
"Really?" I stammered before Tubbo stepped closer, pulling his hands away and wrapping his arms around my neck and pulled me down slightly to his level. Although being hunched like this hurt my back slightly, I was too twisted into the moment to care. I hugged him close as well, not sure what he was doing since I've never done or felt this before. I felt my tails tangle around my lower leg anxiously and his arms loosened, resting on my shoulders as his eyes were focusing on me.
"Yes really! If I didn't like you, whatever this is wouldn't be happening." Tubbo teased, his smile was too gentle.
"Oh-yeah I guess that's true, huh?" I chuckled before feeling pressure on the back of my neck. In a matter of seconds I felt a warm pair of soft lips against mine. Was I hallucinating? The fireworks that went off were full of so many emotions and it was hard to comprehend. After a quick moment, Tubbo pulled away and slid his hands down to rest on my shoulders.
"Now that was totally out of a fairytale." Tubbo joked, as he backed away and out of my hold. I had an unerasable smile on my face, tucking my hands in my pockets restlessly. I haven't been this bubbly since..well-never. I nodded agreeingly, he wasn't wrong. It was a fairytale.
"Boo?...Bee?" We heard a young voice peep from the theater entrance, I turned around and saw little Michael peeking his head through the door. I slowly knelt to the ground, my joints popping painfully.
"What's wrong buddy?" I asked softly, watching as the little boy sprinted over and fell into my arms. I rubbed Michael's back lovingly, wondering if he was worried or maybe had a bad dream?
"I don't have mama anymore.." Michael muffled into my shoulder. I could feel his hot tears sink through my shawl and soon through my shirt, slightly burning my shoulder. I pulled him from the hug, squeezing the sides of his shoulders reassuringly.
"Awh Michael. You may not have her but you have us, right?" I assured him with a sad smile, wiping his tears even if it hurt. Michael's sad eyes looked up, glancing between Tubbo and I before nodding slowly.
"You have Bee, the garden, your new room and tons more. And you will never forget your mother, I'm sure she was amazing." I ranted, feeling Tubbo's hand rest on my shoulder as he stood close behind me. The cutest little smile appeared on Michael's face as I spoke.
"We will keep you safe Michael. You don't have to worry but don't be afraid to be sad.. You're one of the many lucky things we have, kid." Tubbo exclaimed joyfully, Michael walked back into my arms and I wasn't hesitant to hug him back. I scooped the little man off the ground, rising to my feet as I turned to Tubbo. I slid one arm from the child and pulled the short boy into the hug, his arms wrapped softly around my waist as he and I embraced the hold of one another. All three of us rested in that loving moment for what seemed like hours when it was really only 5 minutes.

A/N: Oml-Sorry this is so short lmfao....
But was it at least decent-? 🗿
Word count: 825
Have a good night/day!<3

-San