✬ Lover or Friend? ✬

Tubbo's POV

(TW: Lovey Dovey-Ish? I Don't Even Know Lol)

I sat on the bench, sad and guilty as I stared at the village. The twilight sky dawned over me as the breeze chilled my legs. I shouldn't have yelled at Ranboo. He was just trying to do the right thing. Plus he was right, I am so hungry which is probably why I lashed out. And Tommy, I never said goodbye. That took a toll on my heart, making my body hunch as my guilt weighed me down. Awh, poor Ranboo. He's done nothing but save me and comfort me, keep me warm-wait a minute, Endermen are coldblooded. Oh god. No, there was no way I was liking him. He's a friend! Good god I'm sad. My knees buckled under the realization. Now I feel even worse. My ears drooped and I slammed my face into my hands, leaning forward while my elbows dug into my thighs. It's been almost 45 minutes since those two took off. Is Ranboo okay?
"Tubbo?" I heard, my head lifted as I recognized the tone. I was quick to stand up, pick up the sword before I turned around and saw Ranboo standing there with a couple bows and a big brown bag. "There you are!" He smiled, not mad at all. Even after I attacked him like that? I smiled sadly, walking towards him. I dropped the sword in the dirt and picked up my pace, soon sprinting as he came to a halt. I leapt into his arms, wrapping around his neck tightly. He was very shocked, dropping the bag and hugging me back. His cold body was somehow so warm and I was quick to sink into him as he lowered me back down to the ground. I didn't want to let go yet.
"I'm so-..sorry.. I-I don't.." I mumbled trailing off since I didn't want to sound dumb.
"It's fine. Let's eat and get some rest, we have a long journey ahead of us." Ranboo replied softly, his hand cupped around my face for a minute before we both pulled away. I felt my heart skip a few beats before I quickly tried to speak.
"Yes-Yeah, uhm, good idea." I stammered, pulling away from his arms as I backed up a step. I need to keep this as friendly as I can. Nothing more.
"Oh, here. I have something for you..." He trailed off, patting himself down before his hand disappeared into his pocket. I watched curiously, something for me? Finally I noticed he held a folded piece of paper out in front of me.
"It's from Tommy. I didn't read it." He assured me, noticing my hesitation. I reached out and took it from him, quickly unfolding it. I listened as Ranboo knelt to the ground and began to dig around in the bag as I started to read the paper.

Hey

Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. I wasn't really thinking once I left with Ranboo. Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong but I think you gotta thing for that tall idiot. If I'm right then I suggest you go for it. I'm not forcing but I'm just saying. I think it'll go well. I will say this now, but don't tell Ranboo I mentioned this, he wasn't happy with himself as we walked to the village. Seemed guilty to not give into your fears.

Sorry again,
Tom

By the end of the letter, I was shaken. Was a kid I had just met trying to give me advice? Did Ranboo actually feel bad for ignoring my selfishness? I was pulled from my confused head as I felt Ranboo's tall presence in front of me, making me look up. He was holding out a water bottle and food.
"Thought you'd maybe want to eat." He shrugged, a small smile across his face. My shock sunk into my stomach and I smiled back. I crumbled up the letter and stuffed it into my pocket, taking the items from him.
"Thank you kind sir." I said teasingly, examining the items carefully. Looks like..chicken? Mm! Ranboo chuckled before he left and knelt back down next to the bag. Probably digging around for more food. I went to the bench and started picking away at the chicken as I eyed the village carefully, listening to Ranboo move around.
"Hey, do you think you could tie this wrap around my shoulder?" I heard him ask a couple minutes later as he walked out from behind the bench. He had changed clothing, now wearing a whiter and less destroyed white button-up plus he had a deep purple shawl draped along his shoulders as the collar of the button-up folded down over the edge of the shawl. It looked really nice. I soon snapped out of my head and nodded, signaling him to come lower. I took the wrap as he rested down in front of me, his legs crossed as he held the shawl and sleeve to uncover his wounded shoulder. After wrapping a few times, I tucked the loose end under the tightly wrapped bandage before patting his hand.
"You're all good." I mumbled with a soft sigh, leaning back as I returned my tired eyes to the dim village. Ranboo fixed his clothing silently before I felt him lean back on my legs, resting his head back on my chest. I wrapped my free arm around him, hanging over his shoulder as I picked away at my food. I struggled to push down the fireworks that went off in my stomach. My heart was racing.
"Aren't you hungry?" I asked curiously, patting his chest playfully as I looked down at him. I felt him shrug under my weight.
"Yes and no. I can last a little longer, and wouldn't want to waste our only source of food for the next few days." I heard him reply, forcing carelessness into his tone as he exhaled deeply. I ripped off a chunk of my chicken and held it out for him.
"Eat." I instructed, not giving him a choice. I felt as if I could see him roll his eyes before he took the piece of food and popped into his mouth. We both sunk into the moment, enjoying the silence. Ranboo went silent and calm and it was very hard for me not to do the same. We were okay now. We have weapons and food plus Tommy was a huge help and we have each other.
"Hey Tubbo?" I heard Ranboo ask, pulling me from my happy thoughts. I looked away from the village, turning my attention to him as I hummed in response.
"What did the letter say? If you don't mind me asking..?" He inquired, losing confidence by the end of the sentence. I hesitated, going silent. I didn't want to hide it from him but I also really didn't want to lie to him. My hand fiddled with the hem of my shorts as I tried to think of a reply, the tension in my spine was beginning to ache.
"Eh..." I trailed off, his colourful eyes looked at me as he tilted his head back curiously. "He apologized for no goodbye then just added some..suggestions.." I mumbled the last part, sticking more chicken into my mouth. Ranboo exhaled sharply, wanting to know more but he didn't push it which I was grateful for. I stayed very still, not wanting to hurt his shoulder by shifting my weight.
"We should go to sleep.." I heard him sigh tiredly. I was still wide awake so I was confused as to how he was so tired.
"Did you not have a good sleep?" I questioned, hunching forward to hug him. He hugged my arm the best he could before replying. I felt him shiver as a cold wind swept through the trees from behind.
"Not really. I kept waking up from either my shoulder or fear. Just kept getting this gut feeling that I wasn't going to wake up or wake up with you behind me." He explained going quieter as he continued. I felt a sad smile creep through my teeth as I listened, feeling guilty he didn't have the best rest.
"I can assure you that you will sleep better tonight if you eat something." I replied, picking up the chicken and holding it out in front of him. He hesitated, his hand inches away from taking the food. Finally, he moved but he pushed it away from himself.
"That's okay. I'll go hunting tomorrow." Ranboo smiled. The forced happiness was impossible to miss. I huffed, extending my arm back in front of him.
"Take it."
"No."
"Now."
"I'm fine."
"Ranboo."
"No!"
"Yes! Take it!"
We went back and forth for another minute before finally he snatched the pack of chicken and started scarfing it down like a gremlin. I scoffed jokingly, rolling my eyes as the cold chilled my skin. My ears twitched and moved as I focused on my surroundings, still a bit anxious about the dark. Although, I got a little bit tired now that I was fed and my anxiousness faded, revealing exhaustion in seconds.
"Good?" I questioned in a snarky tone. He tilted his head back, giving me a hard glare as he chewed. It was incredibly hard to hold in a small laugh, covering my mouth with my arm as I broke out into a silent laughter. I felt his body laughing as well, knowing too well that he couldn't stay mad at me for feeding him.
"We should sleep soon, big walk ahead of us." I heard him slur, his mouth clearly full of the well-cooked meat. I tilted my head curiously and sadly with a frown. He wasn't kidding about being really tired since this was his third time mentioning going to sleep but I was wondering where he had planned to go.
"To where? We don't have a destination..." I trailed off as he began to shake his head, clearly disagreeing with my words. Why was he shaking his head?
"We have a destination."

A/N: ooOooOO~
.....Sorry. Lmfao
Word count: 1690
Have a good night/day!<3

-San