50: Burning Desires

There was sand everywhere. We had been gone two days and had driven back just before school. And there was sand everywhere, in my room, along with my books, in my bed, on my clothes, rubbing against my skin, lost on my lips, running through my hair. Dallas was the sand, the itching, irritating, gut-wrenching feeling sand gives off.

And he was everywhere, everywhere I turned even the stairs, even the kitchen downstairs. He was everywhere and I was a mess replaying his words like it was the first time I had heard them. I had never had the need to be confident or up front about my feelings, but in that moment I did, I had wanted him to know that this wasn't just a fling.

But that's all it was to him satisfying a crave he had, itching the sand away.

School would be the moment my mind would be tested as I sat with dripping wet hair, letting the water run down my back, staring at my bookcase. My scorned but loved bookcase, the moment I had gotten back Natalie wanted me to know that Dallas was here, a record number of times a shocking seven in two days.

I knew why he had come, he came to stare at me longer, wondering how I could fall for him. He didn't love me, no matter what words came from his lips he looked at me with pity, he would always look at me with the pity of what we could've been. That pity raked through my skin, aching to burst out, I could imagine his eyes, stalk and frozen.

"Melody, someone's here". Natalie's cherlie voice said and she had to have known what this all was. No boy comes over to someone's house just cause he likes Nolan, Natalie knew that. Nolan was beyond of it, he liked to believe Dallas was obsessed with him and he looked up to him, Dallas and Nolan were turning into friends and it was strange to know that once or if he ever found out what we've done, the nights he's crept into my room, England, kissing me, I wonder if that would be gone, their strange connection.

Nolan loved showing off the twins to Dallas, from what Natalie had told me. He came the other day with a gift basket, eager to speak to me. And he came back, over and over again and I was finally here. I knew it was him, the timing was perfect, the timing was esquestie, he must've brought Vi home and came here.

I ran a towel down my hair as I slowly tiptoed to get a good view of the front door, where voices followed. Nolan and Dallas were discussing something, it was besides the point. Dallas looked well, his eyes weren't puffy, he didn't appear to be crying. He was good and I was the definition of a mess. He was good and I was still hoping he loved me.

A tear willowed down as I wiped it away, I couldn't believe how pathetic I was. And suddenly Arabella started crying and both of their eyes shot up at me. But Dallas's were the only ones that mattered. I returned his gaze with sheer longing, he could see how much I needed him just by my eyes, giving away too much like I always had. Like I had that night.

Pity lined his eyes, I could tell as his smile grew like he was trying to greet me, but it came out distant.

"Melody". Nolan's voice said, dragging me away from him, my eyes fighting between the two. Nolan's eyes not even grazing past mine, wondering why I couldn't pull away from the bane of my existence, the reason why I couldn't breathe properly my breath hitched, breathing in and out but my breath shivered.

"Yes". I gasped, my voice coming out as a shiver. The way Dallas felt, I remembered it all, his hands roaming against my skin, his fingers dragging along my thighs.

"Can you bring Arabella down for dinner?" He asked, and I nodded my head and scurried away noticing the look of triumph along Dallas's face as I walked away. He must be laughing to himself, he must've come here to rub it in.