Epilogue: The Big Day Pt.2

"Melody Clemente". My principal dearly said as I walked across the stage and shook his hand, I beamed at the person next to him and instead of the handshake that normally would have been given. He hugged me, Nolan had been something of a father figure the past few years. He loved my sister like she was the whole solar system, and he loved me too. He saw me as his own flesh and blood, he cared so much.

"I'm so proud of you". He said, his eyes glistening as I opened my own eyes. He held his breath, as he kissed my cheek and I walked across the stage. I smiled as I walked down the stage and took a seat.

The hundred roll call of students I had become frequented with passed by, my heart smiling as my friends passed by. The people I had learned to love, to cherish. As soon as it was over, I ran to my family. Each with hugs and bouquets of flowers, each and every single one of them had shown up.

Avery had come as well as Caroline and Alison too, and Leah as well, and Vi and her had been talking throughout the ceremony. I hugged each of them, hugging Natalie first as she dried her eyes from the tears they soaked her face.

"I love you so much". She beamed, her eyes wandering my face and wiping away the now teary eyed expression I had carried as I approached the bundle of cheers I had heard once I walked across the stage.

"I love you too". I whispered to her as she smiled, her doting expression I couldn't get enough of.

Dallas's family and mine intertwined as well as him and I. Sharing a short and not everlasting kiss considering my family stood inches from our faces.

"I'm proud of you, Dallas". I kissed his cheek as I said it, more for him to hear the closeness. And to feel it too. And I wanted him to know how proud of him I was. More than he could ever know. He had overcome so much these past few years, reshaping his life to be healthy.

"I'm proud of you too, Mel". He kissed my forehead just like last night, and my stomach warmed, my eyes floated and I felt every moment of love he wanted me to receive.

We went to lunch, knowing our plans were soon to catch up with us. Natalie had agreed to one family dinner then we were set off to live our last night as high school seniors.

"Are you ready?" Dallas asked as he opened the door for me and I slid into the passenger seat. As Natalie and the rest of them left to their card.

"It's a bit early for a party?" I asked Dallas and he shook his head. Clearly I was missing something big here.

"It's never too early for Liam's party." He said, as he pulled out of the parking lot. We were going to the place this famed affection had started in the first place, Liam's cabin. The cabin was beginning to grow on me, the woody smell mixed with beer now warmed my heart rather than flooding it.

"Imagine if we hadn't gone to that party, that day?" I asked Dallas, wanting to hear his thoughts how different things would be.

"I think we'd still be here, just as in love with each other as we are now. It's fate, we're fated to be together Bambi". He said, his voice rumbling softly as he lifted my hand to meet his lips. Lightly pressing a kiss on my hand and flashing me a smile.

"And if tonight turns into a bust don't worry I have a place". Dallas said, winking slightly as I remembered this little place. Well not little, it has become my sanctuary these past few years. Peter and Vi had moved out, it was simply a vacation home now but Dallas still stayed there as much as he could. He loved it. For many reasons and I think the reason he kept it was it's hard for him to say goodbye to the only place he's felt at home. That's why he kept it, and besides he wanted to keep it for us. Something of a memory keepsake. And his fathers library, it was his favorite home besides the England home.