56: Adventures

The car pulled up, music muffling the car, my long awaited adventure finally taking place. But this time I said my goodbyes to Nolan and Natalie, and even the twins and I went out the front door. I opened the front seat, as Dallas leaned over kissing me rapidly and Vi booed from the backseat.

"You look beautiful". He whispered as I blushed, and kissed him once more, his kiss radiating through me like the sun, bleeding through. He smiled, moving my hair to the side as I kissed his cheek.

"I missed you very much". I said, as we sat there lost in the presence of each other, the strong presence we both captivated long enough. He nodded his head, leaning against mine as hands broke us up and I turned to look at the criminal we had broken out of jail.

"I missed you too". I told Vi as she hugged me, standing up and bending over the front console. She looked better, well anyone looked better out of a hospital bed, but she looked like she was free. Like she was ready to feel everything she needed, I knew she was tired of the hospital, and that's exactly why Dallas had kidnapped her for the night.

She had grown the strength to quickly leave with Dallas as she sat in the back seat, her head flying against the wind and feeling the majestic feeling of the wind running through her hair. I knew she thought freedom had never felt better.

"Where should we go today?" Vi asked, her heart pounding as she held my fingertips, the music blaring from the stereo and Dallas's eyes lingered to the side of my car. His hand taking my other as I squeezed it tightly. It felt good driving down the boulevard with him and Vi in the backseat everything felt like it was perfect, set in stone us three.

We had survived the terror these past few days, Dallas had come for a very uneventful dinner last night and he left with not a single peck from me, Natalie and Nolan's eyes not even leaving us as I walked him to his car... well Nolan's eyes in that watchful fear and Natalie's in that jumping jellybean fun way.

Nolan was working with the police to get Zeke kicked out of school, so in the meantime I've been locked in my home, doing school from home.

"I have something special planned". He said, happily his hands gliding onto my thigh as he looked back at his sister, enjoying the breath of air he gave her. Dallas knew she needed a break, something about their relationship with each other ignited something in me and as much as I said I didn't need help, I knew Natalie looked out for me in the same way. But every step of the way, Dallas reminded me more of Nolan and I hoped by telling Nolan that he would finally let me have my fun with Dallas.

We were taking Vi to the pier, the dimly lit pier on the other side of the town. The pier was filled with people during the day, but at night it was just quaint people taking a stroll along the beach. I had brought us blankets and towels just in case Vi ran into the water, she loved everything about the ocean. A trip to the beach made that a necessity.

"I hate secrets". She hummed, looking over our shoulders. My hand and Dallas's still lingered tightly together as she gagged at the motion. She stared at us both as the large Ferris wheel found its way to her eyes as she gasped.

"Come on... they said they'd keep the Ferris wheel open for us". Dallas said as Vi gasped and looked at the grand wheel spinning with the colors rotating as she watched it spin. I loved him even more in this moment, he would do anything for her and that's what my love grew from. He never gave up on her and he never stopped fighting for essentially. His love for his sister gravitated towards me as he parked the car and took her hand, yelling back for me.

I grabbed our bag and hurried up along the pier as they were already far ahead. The glee in her eyes, was something that could never be replaced as I watched them running with joy flowing between them.