Epilogue: College

2 months later

"It doesn't feel real, does it?" He asked, his hands holding a box closely to him, so heavy but filled with one of the most valuable things I held close to my chest: my books. He settled the box in a room, returning back out as I still stared at this newly found space that was supposed to be home, until we ventured elsewhere.

We were moving into our new apartment before school started. It had deep embellishment in the walls, a sandy white shaded the walls. It felt like home, almost. But I didn't need more than Dallas to feel at home, that could be done anywhere.

But this day definitely had been a headache but it was all worth it as I looked around at my new home and most importantly it felt like home.

"It doesn't". I said, scooting my books to the bookcase. The star of this whole apartment, the place Dallas and I would find ourselves mostly looking for. It was the sole factor that united Dallas and I, in the first place, to not have an overpowering, overwhelming and crazily large bookcase in our home was something that would make it simply feel like not our home.

Dallas and I had decided to move in with each other, after we found out we were going to the same college. We practically already lived together unofficially, with him in my bed every day and him in mine whatever works out for us. It was a point of comfort for me, having him right next to me and I couldn't get enough of him.

Natalie and Nolan understood that feeling, like we couldn't be apart. They knew it was soon, but needed. Moving somewhere new, we both needed every ounce of comfort we could get.

Natalie and Nolan had driven with boxes of stuff to help move things into the apartment but even with all of the boxes, the apartment was beautiful, airy and open. It was big, bigger than I liked. Dallas and I both chipped into the place, and Natalie did too. Dallas wanted to pay for the whole apartment, but I assured him I could afford it. I still hadn't touched my $50 million from Daniel and opening that money felt good, using it felt good. Natalie suggested I save it, so she chipped into the apartment and also Nolan wouldn't allow them not to help with the apartment.

It was open and airy with three bedrooms, a large and open kitchen, a huge living room with huge windows, a balcony and a study, which was now garnering our shared books in a huge bookcase. The apartment was perfect, everything I could ever ask for.

The furnishing for the apartment had been done by Caroline who loved interior designing as well as event planning, she was a woman of many trades.

"It feels like home, doesn't it". Dallas asked, leaning into me as I nodded against him. He had only been back a week after the tour had ended, and we had to start moving soon after. I had missed him so much while he was gone, but it ended up helping him work on writing his next book and even helping his family through what they had gone through. They all took time healing in their own ways.

Pete, Vi, Natalie, Nolan, Avery, Tyler, Alec and Caroline had all been here helping us move in, we ended up throwing a small party that night but they had all headed back home for the night. And so now it was just Dallas and I left with boxes to unpack and memories to be created.

"Can I warm you up with some pizza?" He asked, and I nodded my head knowing we would have to wait for another day to use our brilliant kitchen, when we weren't so tired.

"Yes please". I said, throwing a box aside that had been emptied of all books. The bookcase was slowly coming together but there were still so many boxes, I still had to do my closet which was massive.

I felt safe here. Surrounded by light peering into each window, somewhere along this journey I had convinced myself I wouldn't make it this far. I had convinced myself someone like me didn't deserve happiness, didn't deserve love. But it was all I wanted and needed now. He was all I wanted and needed now, and I believed in it. That everyone deserved this happiness and love that I believed only the insanely happy could achieve.