51: Confessions Pt. 1

Of course he had been invited. It was a party for the ladies, 'twenty one and up' type of party. And I wasn't invited, but Dallas was. Dallas was coming with Paris as Nolan's company, Dallas had generously offered to help and from then on it was all I could hear about.

"Oh Dallas is just so nice" and "He's just so sweet". "He's really mature and amazing". I was tired of the praise and I sure wasn't going to be here when he came. I had excused myself from party planning and I would tag along with Davina, wherever she was going.

How was I supposed to listen to the praise of a guy that had ruined my heart and still decided to linger around? He needed to get his own life and stay the fuck away from mine.

Davina was running late as I stringed back my hair into a ponytail and I heard a knock on the door, and the trio of the nosy girls entered. I could tell they all knew the way they starred. I just prayed that they hadn't shared information. Avery saw him downstairs, Natalie now knew Caroline I had asked for advice, without any names of course.

"So we hear there's a boy?" Caroline asked, leaning forward as I rushedly grabbed my bag, pulling books from my bookcase into the bag, not even looking as I thought of ways to get out of this. I couldn't answer their questions, I couldn't answer.

"There is no boy". I said, trying to sound curt and trying to make them stop wondering about all of this, I couldn't handle the questions. Especially right now, any moment he could come and I couldn't look at his eyes.

"I remember seeing him here...". Avery said, and I knew they had all talked about this before, probably had a whole day focused on just this topic as I longed to be free from this planned discussion.

"Oh really?" Natalie asked, as I could feel the guilt seeping from my eyes.

"Natalie, Paris is here". Nolan yelled and I could only guess who was next to her, the one I had tried to avoid, I needed to avoid him. I couldn't try, I needed to avoid him more than anything.

"I have to go". I said, curtly looking outside my window, hoping Davina's car would be there the minute I looked outside. I was willing to pretend that it was just around the corner and I really should wait outside or down the street, or I might as well just start walking there.

"You might as well use the window?" Natalie asked, laughing slightly as I agreed with her, grabbing my book bag and opening my window.

"You know I've never seen him use the front door?" Natalie said, her eyes amused as I climbed out of the window. I couldn't believe how pathetic I was being, I had just run out of the house, not wanting to run into him. I didn't have the same luxury anywhere else, school, places he showed up unexpectedly.

"Have fun at your party". I said, as I motioned for Caroline to shut the window and she shut it slowly as they laughed and walked out of the room. I grabbed my phone, checking to see if Davina had texted yet, but she hadn't. I knew I just needed to be far from here.

I rushed to the gate, opening the latch and peeking my head out just as I pushed the latch closed, fighting against the ridge of the gate, pushing it back with difficulty. The latch moved, the sound causing discomfort within my heart, the loudest sound that could be possible echoed throughout the area.

"Do you need help?" Dallas asked, my head not even being able to turn to look into his eyes, his thorn glaring eyes. Filled with lust and reason. I didn't need help, I would do this by myself. I couldn't accept anything else from him. I would deny any help he had wanted to give to me, knowing how last night had worked, him trying to help me out of my clothes, what a mess.