Male! Nutcracker! USSR x Fem! Ballerina Doll! Reader

Requested by: DevinylFNF

Genre: Not specified

Tw: USSR,

C/n - Country name

A/n - anything in brackets () is optional text (for nicknames)

!!!! I DO NOT SUPPORT ANYTHING THE USSR DID !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n soundlessly skipped across the wooded floorboards. Her white dress trailed behind her while she danced in the moonlight. Little clicks, gentle and mechanical, whispered into the dark halls of the prestigious manor. 

It was always nice to be in working shape, no one knows what happens to those who break and get taken away. The humans can do that to anyone they deem broken, even if its just a paint chip.

Y/n danced away, round and round, until she didn't know where she was. It was dark, only a small candle illuminating the tall, long table. The warm candle light lit up the detailed paintings on the wall, all important looking people, coloured in different tones and hues. 

The faint patter of wood on wood echoed across the table. What was that? She was sure she was one of the only dolls left... Did the humans get another one she didn't know about? Unlikely...

Y/n looked to a chair that had been craved like a tree and its branches. She hooked her hand onto a low 'branch' and hauled herself up until she was on the part she'd seen humans sit on while talking while a little boy fiddled around with her delicate arms.

A little wooden figure marched up and down the table, swinging a sewing needle around like a sword. Their paint looked polished and reflected the bright light source they trained around. Their gold buttons and rope shinned even brighter than their polished paint.

Y/n climbed up the last few lengths and waited to catch the nutcracker's attention. The nutcracker swung their sword around as if conducting an army, or rallying the broken people of a town after a bloody revolution. 

Their eyes met and they blinked in surprise, "Hello, I didn't see you there." they let their sword hang by their side.

Y/n nodded, "Yes. You haven't been here long, have you?" the nutcracker nodded, "As expected, your accent is quite prominent, may I enquire which country you where manufactured in?" 

Their snowy eyes shifted, "In Russia. What about you?" 

"In C/n. What about your name and pronouns?" Y/n skipped over to them, they where surprisingly tall.

"USSR, or Soviet for short," they put the needle away in a leather band around their waist, "my pronouns are He Him."

"My name is Y/n, (or N/n for short) my pronouns are She Her."

The humans had forgotten to draw the curtains leaving the night sky, little pin pricks of white speckled across, and the moon that migrated across it for the two to view in peace.

She looked over to Soviet, now they faced the window the candle light lit up his face, his red skin was odd,  compared with the mute colours of the regular nutcrackers, it was bold. He had a black eye patch. Another irregularity with his design was that instead of the tall bear fur hat he had a smaller ushanka. Three accidents in design where not heard of, not allowed in any workplace, especially these large factors. Was he custom made? According to the dolls, that have now been taken, everyone was custom. This family did like to do that... Custom chairs, tables, boxes, cutlery, the list goes on. 

"Where you custom made? I was, apparently." 

"Yes." he unsheathed his sword and took up a stance, "You look custom made, your hair, eyes, paint and dress is different. You look handmade as well."

The clock struck twelve.

"I should be getting back now, care to join me, soviet?"

soviet nodded, put his sword back and jogged to catch up with Y/n who strode ahead. 

"Do you remember being caved?" Soviet whispered while looking around.

"Sort of. My vision was blurry until I was put together and painted, every screw and limb in place not to mention the ungodly task of painting! No one talks about how long it takes to dry! It takes ages!" She huffed, " Do you remember anything?"

Soviet shook his head, "Not a lot, only faint flashes of the painting process."

"Unfortunate. I bet you would of been interesting to whittle." Y/n prodded the back of his neck, it was strangely warm, the human boy had probably been playing with him.

Soviet jerked forward and let out a squeak, "what was that for?" he asked once he'd caught up with Y/n.

"Emphasis."

They past up to the toy room, filled with neglected toys.

"Do you not go in there?" Soviet asked pointing back to the room.

"No, those are unused toys, in perfect condition but the humans don't use them. The boy left me on the windowsill in one of the spare bedrooms, this one to be exact." 

They stood in front of a door which was left ajar, just enough space for a small organism to get through. 

Soviet hummed and turned to her, "Well, this is where we part. I hope we see each other again soon."

"I'll meet you at the dinning table at ten, that's one hour after the humans go to sleep. Do be weary though, they can still be awake. Especially the young one."

She turned to Soviet and held her arms out, he seemed confused, turning his head like the dog the humans once had. 

"A hug, it is a physical form of good-bye used among friends and family. Although not everyone likes them and that is valid."

Soviet awkwardly held his arms out and hugged Y/n. He reminded her of Steve, a bear toy this family once had, warm and easy to hug. Soviet smelled faintly of the boy and strongly of pine. He was still warm from when the boy had held him. 

They parted ways and Y/n rushed over to the curtain and climbed it with ease, resuming her pace on the windowsill. She watched as the first rays of dawn crept into the room and pushed away the harsh shadows. As the Sun rose she thought about that little agreement, so small yet she was so excited. She couldn't wait to see him again, and make him smile again, he smiled so little and knew so little about endearment it pained her, was she like this once? Perhaps, but she will teach him everything she knows about this manor. So strange how she has already grown an attachment to him, so very strange.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope its alright! 

d=====( ̄▽ ̄*)b