Shy! Polite! Male! Norway x Shy! Affable! Fem! Reader

Requested By: 

Genre: Fluff

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Olive, are you sure this is a good idea?" 

The brown haired girl tossed her hair over her shoulder, "Yes! I've known him for quite along time now! He's kinda shy but open to conversations. "

Y/n fiddled with her slightly oversized woollen coat, the navy blue mimicking the evening sky. Stars started to pop into existence on the blank expanse, each one brighter than the next.

"If you say so... I mean, I'm not apposed to the idea I'm just... a bit nervous..?"

"Yeah, I understand! You've never met him after all! I should of introduced you two sooner! Anyway, we're here!"

"The new café?" Y/n turned with Olive to look at the café while warm light that poured onto their shoes and the cobble pavement. The familiar melody of some kind of relaxing  jazz along with the buzz of conversation that could be heard through a window that had been opened slightly. People sat on a variety of scoop back chairs and leaned over tables with a drink Infront of them, maybe a laptop to accompany the set up. Two cashiers talked idly behind the counter while checking around the room every so often, looking up from their laptops and then looking back.

"Yeah! I've been multiple times! It has such a good atmosphere, you can do anything with this type of atmosphere!" Olive clapped her tan hands together and looked at Y/n.

"Can I overcome collage dept?" 

"No." She checked her watch and pushed Y/n slightly forward, " Anyway, go on, he might be waiting!"

"Alright, I'm going!" 

A small ding erupted from above the door as Y/n opened it and stepped in. A warm feeling crept through her making her feel fuzzy. She walked over to the table by her right that had a small reflective triangle on it with 'reserved' engraved in it. Y/n sat down on the comfy seat and pulled out a sketch book, pencil and rubber from her backpack which sat by the feet and began sketching a striking silver utensil that slouched in a pot.

Her hand travelled steadily over the paper, drawing lines that turned into shapes that turned into recognisable forms. Using the rubber to add a shine to the dull, shaded spoon. A familiar papery consistency to the shading, those white lines where the pencil lead didn't quite reach.

"Hello, you're Y/n, right?"

She looked up from her drawing to see a boy in a loose turtleneck sweater and black jeans. He had the Norwegian flag covering his face. He had large white eyes, no iris, only a pupil to let light in and maroon red hair that was tied at the back in a loose bun.

"uh, yeah! I am.. You must be Norway!" Y/n slid her work off to the side.

"Yeah, I am! You must be Y/n! Sorry I'm late though, one of my brothers asked me where I was going last minuet..." He slid into the chair opposite and intertwined his fingers.

"That's alright! So... How's your day been..?" Light taps peppered the window. Y/n cursed herself for how rushed the sentence sounded.

"Oh, It's been alright! I went to a library for some voluntary work... They have a cat there! He's really fluffy and his name is Bean, mainly because he's coloured like a kidney bean." Norway's fingers unfolded and he pulled out his phone that had a small fluffy reddish-purplish coloured cat sitting on a bookshelf displayed on the screen, although it's fur leaned more towards a red.

"Really...? Which library?" 

"Well It's the one near the church just outside of town! It's best to go there in cold weather because it's well insulated and it has a ton of large windows spaced through out!" He looked over to the small book she'd set aside before. "What's that?" He peered at the drawing, "A spoon? It looks great!"

"Ah, yeah... I'm not the best at sitting down and doing a study of an object... But I'm trying to improve!" Y/n's ears sizzled and she put the book in her bag.

"No, It looks great!" He flashed a soft smile, " Anyway, should we get drinks or..?"

"Yeah! That is the point of coming here."

——————

Norway sat with his coffee between his hands, like Y/n with her (Hot Drink). Steam rose out of both, twirling out of the cups and into the cold air where it was taken by the rain that had just about died out leaving the moon to shine down and light up the road. An occasional clash of cups could be heard while they drank and talked, the baristas looking over every once in a while.

They where in silence as they finished up their drinks. Y/n looked across the room, a picture of a woman waving into a forest was displayed in a wooden frame, a watercolour painting of a beach surrounded by a black frame and a Norwegian flag hung on the wall held up by pins.

"Well, Y/n, it's been a joy getting to know you!" He stood up, offering his hand to her.

"I can say the same, Norway! We should do something like this again!" Y/n grabbed his hand and pulled herself up along with her bag. His hand was warm and had a slight rough texture to it.

"Definitely, what should we do through?"

"A hike? Or maybe a movie? Or that library you told me about?"

"Yeah, Library sounds good! I'll call you then..?" He took out his phone and looked at Y/n while they where walking towards the door, a little ding from the bell when they opened the door. 

"But you don't have my phone number... Oh! Right, it's {Phone Number}!" The rain had stopped and the moon glowed in the sky along with all the pin pricks of faint blue and red scattered across it.

"Thanks Y/n for your time it was wonderful! I'll text you soon!" Norway typed it into his phone and walked down the pavement lit by towering street lamps, waving as he went. 

"Yeah! Take care!" Y/n waved until he rounded the corner, leaving her to walk home and absorb what happened tonight.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/n: 

Any feedback I am happy to receive!