3 • bastard's side

♣︎𝕓𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕕'𝕤 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖♣︎

♣︎𝕓𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕕'𝕤 𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖♣︎

kim sunwoo

i was greeting a friend when i saw her. juyeon's girlfriend all alone in the kitchen. i found it weird, the juyeon i knew would never left her even for a millisecond. i excused myself and walked to the kitchen, but she had already disappeared. i looked around me, searching for her. i walked around the house and eventually saw her through the window. she was outside, alone again.

i rolled my eyes and opened the door silently, not wanting to make a scene, there was no one else anyway. the cold wind hit my face, the night was still young but the moon was already high in the sky.

"what do you think your boyfriend will say if he knows you're here alone?" i said as i closed the door behind me. a smirk was drawn on my lips, i didn't like her so it gave me something to tell juyeon about. 'you're girl just doesn't give a single fuck about you.'

she flinched at my voice and turned to me. her long black hair flipped a little from her shoulder to her other one. i had to admit, juyeon's girlfriend was gorgeous. he had really good tastes in terms of women. yet, she seemed to be as annoying as she was pretty. she was like every women after all.

she ignored me and stared back at the now dark sky. i didn't understand what was so beautiful up there. i sighed before i lit one of my cigarettes and sat down with her.

"what are you doing..?" she said and moved herself away from me, clearly on her guard when i came this close. scoffing, i brought my cigarette to my lips and breathed out my smoke on her on purpose. she coughed outrageously and turned her face from me, not looking at me anymore.

"i'm smoking, what else?" she groaned and rubbed her forehead, visibly bothered by my presence. as i wanted to bother her a little more, i continued to smoke and smirked for myself. "so, back to the main topic. why aren't you with juyeon?" i insisted, staring at her with attention.

once again, my question got rudely ignored, so i shoved her shoulder, which resulted in her cursing under her breath. i raised my eyebrows when she finally decided to look at me.

"i just don't want to stay with a crazy, drunk bastard! is that enough? now please go away. i want to be alone." she yelled and breathed out deeply, taking her head in her hands. i was taken aback by her sudden actions. i thought she looked like a calm and shy person, i was wrong.

i rubbed my cigarette against the concrete floor and cleared my throat. i glanced at her, i knew what kind of man juyeon could be but he never had put a woman in such a state. she stood up weakly and crossed her arms, on the verge of crying. i threw my now finished cigarette on the ground and stepped on it with force.

"look." i stood up as well, putting my hands in my pockets and looking at her eying me from the corner of her eyes. "i'm not on your side. if anyone asks, i will be on that crazy, drunk bastard's side, like you said. i don't want to befriend you, never. so go back to juyeon and be that little dog that he loves so much."

her lips parted, she was apparently shocked by what i said, but it was only the truth. she came close to me and slapped me right in the face. my skin reddened due to the impact of her hand on my cheek. that bitch just slapped me.

"because you think i want to have a jerk like you as a friend? you don't even know how it feels to be that dog! you, you can do whatever you want, because no one will care! and i hate it! i hate it that everyone sees me as the one who did wrong!" she cried out, gesticulating her arms like crazy.

i stopped our not-so-funny bickering by grabbing her by the arm and dragging her inside. i found my way to juyeon, he was still drinking alcohol with our squad, he got so high that he didn't even notice us.

"lee juyeon. here's your dear girlfriend." i said emotionlessly, seeing him slowly turning his head to me. as he saw us, he stood up from the couch and took his girlfriend in his embrace. i got a little disgusted by their actions, him acting lovey-dovey was not a cool thing to see.

"babe let's get a room, huh?" i heard him whispering in her ear but she quickly declined. knowing juyeon well, i didn't think he really cared about what she wanted. "thank you man, i knew i could trust you on that." he smirked and patted my shoulder.

he kissed his girl with eagerness and pulled her upstairs, to the bedrooms.

i sighed and took juyeon's seat, grabbing someone's beer can and playing with it.

"she is so pitiful." chanhee said honestly and grabbed the hand of his own girlfriend, everyone around him agreed and looked down. except me of course.

"she is so pretty, though. it's a shame that she fell in love with juyeon." haknyeon added as we watched our friend dragging the poor girl by the wrist.

chanhee opened another can of beer and glanced at me, thinking i would butt in the conversation.

"well after everything he did, i don't think she loves him anymore." he chuckled sadly before sipping his drink. the rest of us remained silent so haknyeon and i stood up to smoke outside.