24 • sue

♣︎𝕤𝕦𝕖♣︎

♣︎𝕤𝕦𝕖♣︎

kim sunwoo

knock knock.

i slightly knocked on the bathroom's door. joohyun was in but i just wanted to check on her since she was inside for a while.

"joo… can i come in?" i asked as i put my hand on the handle of the door.

"yeah…" she replied faintly so i opened the door slowly and came in.

she was hugging herself in the bathtub. i could clearly see that she had cried again. she lifted her head up to me, i felt so bad for her, she was hurting so much. i walked to where she was, sitting on the floor of the bathroom to be close to her.

"i'm sorry for what happened." i said and grabbed one of her hands, observing her wrist. i had no idea if juyeon had left, but i wanted him to do so anyway.

shivering slightly, she shook her head and squeezed my hand with a sad smile on her lips. "don't be. you saved me. i'm just a little shaken up,  i think."

her voice filled and echoed in the silence of the room, the sound of the water getting along with each of joohyun's moves somehow soothed me. i was still concerned by her and her state, i couldn't lose her.

"it's okay, i would be too if i was you." i caressed her skin and my eyes wandered around her naked body. i spotted a purple mark on her neck, he did it. this motherfucker gave a fucking hickey to my girlfriend. i tried not to look at it, to be honest i was upset for this reason. "i have something to tell you, when you're done. just take your time, i'll wait outside."

i stood up and looked at her, and she nodded. i waved at her and exited the room. hoping she wouldn't take too long, i walked to my bedroom and opened the sliding door of my closet.

facing the tons of black hoodies, i sighed. i grabbed a random one and took a ripped jeans to pair with it. i just wanted to change clothes, for no reason.

i took off my white shirt with precaution, knowing that i surely had a bruise on my stomach. and i was right, a large blue spot was drawn on my skin. it wasn't that painful, however i couldn't help but hiss every time i moved.

"i'm so sorry." i heard from behind. feeling a pair of arms slowly wrapping themselves around me. joohyun laid her head on my shoulder and caressed my bruises, a sad expression on her face. her wet hair on my bare skin sent goosebumps on it.

i turned to her and also enrobed her in my arms. i sighed comfortably, finding myself at ease with her hugging me back. "it's not your fault. i will end all of this and you will finally be able to do whatever you want. you won't need to worry about juyeon anymore."

she snorted and looked up at me, her eyebrows frowning a little.

"how?"

"that's what i wanted to talk about. i'm gonna sue him." i explained, looking down as my hands lowered to land on her hips. "i was thinking, i know you're uncomfortable in this city and your school year is almost done so… what about you living with your brother until the lawsuit ends?"

she thought for a second, i knew that i didn't ask an easy question, she had friends in the city and of course, her entire life was there.

"i mean… yes… but- and you?" she tilted her head in a slow manner and she batted her eyelashes a few times.

i chuckled softly and stroked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"i'm staying here for a while, then i'll join you in jeju. i guess i want to start a new life with you. i will look for a house to buy near your parents' or maybe you have somewhere else in mind?"

to be honest, i really wanted to go as far as i could, i was kind of tired of daegu. not that i wouldn't miss chanhee and haknyeon. of course i would miss them, but i needed to take a break from my life, have a job and live like a normal citizen. as i waited for her answer, i was playing with my fingers behind her back.

joohyun placed her head on my chest and shrugged slightly. closing her eyes, she stayed like this for a few minutes before stepping away from me.

"let me just treat your wound." she said and left the room to walk to the bathroom again.

" she said and left the room to walk to the bathroom again