21 • back to daegu

♣︎𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕒𝕖𝕘𝕦♣︎

♣︎𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕒𝕖𝕘𝕦♣︎

bae joohyun

we stayed at my mom and dad's home for the weekend, and then it was time for sunwoo and i to go back to daegu. with a bit of sadness, i said goodbye to my family before walking to the car with my boyfriend. speaking of him, i hadn't said anything about our relationship to my parents, i wanted to have some alone time and chill with sunwoo for a while. i knew that my mom would especially harass me with questions if i told her.

anyway, we got on the plane a few hours later, finding our seat without any problems. i sat next to him, patiently waiting for the plane to take off. the flight wasn't that long, just long enough for me to rest on sunwoo's shoulder and sleep a little.

"joohyun-ah… wake up…" i felt his hand slightly squeeze my arm. his touch was so gentle, but at the same time i understood that we didn't have much time.

i quickly stood up, still half-asleep as sunwoo just guided me from behind. after we passed the security portal, he led me to his car, he had parked it in the airport parking lot before we left.

"do you want to stay at my house for a few days? i wanted to ask you but your parents were always here." he asked me as he started the engine.

i laughed slightly, earning his full attention when he turned his head to me.

"it's not like we already do it anyway… of course i want to!" he smiled as well and caressed my hair softly before starting to drive.

once we stopped in front of his house, we walked to the front door and he unlocked it with a click. he grabbed one of my hands to pull me with him inside. he always had this sweet and comforting smile on his lips.

after closing the door, he turned to me and leaned in for a kiss. even if we were a couple, he hadn't asked for a kiss yet, if we didn't count our first kiss. he put his hand on my jawline, slowly getting his face closer to mine. my eyes fluttered close as he pressed his soft lips against my own. my face was getting hotter and the contact of his skin was spreading butterflies through my stomach. smoothly, he passed his tongue inside my mouth. it wasn't harsh, even if i was kind of scared, i didn't want to remember juyeon in any way.

i laid my hands on his shoulders, grasping his hoodie slightly. a flash of souvenirs passed through my mind, it was like a terrifying trauma. i broke the kiss in a rush and i instantly leaned my head into the crook of his neck.

"joo! are you okay?!" sunwoo asked afterwards, hugging me tighter in confusion.

i stepped back, leaving against my will his warmth, i just felt so lost. he stared at me, true worry behind his eyes. after a quick sob, i ran to sunwoo's room and closed the door, crying even more now that i was alone. i didn't know what happened to me, i just knew that i was scared. i sat on the bed and hugged myself, burying my head in my knees and letting the tears roll down my cheeks like rivers.

i felt also bad for leaving sunwoo alone as well. he had done absolutely nothing for it. as i was thinking about going downstairs again, the door in front of me opened in a small gap. from where i was, i was able to see him watching me from the outside of the room.

"sunwoo-ah…" i said while sobbing, my cheeks were red as tomatoes due to my tears. in short, i looked miserable. as he heard his name, he hurried to enter inside and come with me in the bed.

without waiting, he wrapped me into his embrace and hushed me softly. i grabbed his hoodie again desperately, my body was shaking but i managed to hug him back.

"hey… it's okay to panic… i'm here now…" he whispered in my ear while he was rubbing my back with affection.

i could smell his scent, in some way it calmed me down, his deep voice did too, for sure.

"it… it was l-like you were him for a second… i-i'm sorry… that's stupid…"

"that is not stupid at all. you don't have to be sorry for that, alright? please don't cry…" he continued, making me feel better already. "i will always be there for you, joohyun-ah…"

i showed a small smile as i nodded at him. after laying some kisses on my cheeks, he unwrapped his arms and grabbed a tissue from the nightstand. with it, he wiped the remaining tears from my face.

"thank you sunwoo…" i muttered as he caressed my cheeks tenderly.

"it's nothing. that's my job to take care of you, plus, i know what you've been through." his words warmed my heart up, i couldn't help but grin when he kissed my lips again, making sure it wasn't too long.

then he laid beside me, softly having my hand in his. sunwoo was a really caring man, even if he didn't look like that at first. that's what i liked about him, he had that esoteric charm, it was only between him and i.

 that's what i liked about him, he had that esoteric charm, it was only between him and i