13 • break in

♣︎𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕚𝕟♣︎

♣︎𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕚𝕟♣︎

kim sunwoo

"don't you work somewhere?" joohyun asked out of nowhere, the plate of pasta on her lap.

i looked at her, frowning. she seemed pretty serious about it tho, so i decided to answer her questions.

"well i don't. why?" she stared at me, hitting the chopsticks against the food.

"i don't know, you're always here. you're never busy. i just wonder what you do to earn a living." she shrugged.

i stood up and rubbed my forehead.

"my parents are kind of... rich. so you don't have to worry." i grabbed my plate and went to the kitchen. we had just passed noon but i was already exhausted.

after letting out a deep sigh, i started to wash the dishes in the sink. mentioning my parents annoyed me, i tried my best to not think of them. i heard joohyun clearing her throat behind me, her footsteps came closer to me. she laid her plate on the worktop and poked my arm gently. i let my hands fall in the water and turned my head to her.

"are you sure that you're alright? you seem immersed in thoughts." she said in a soft voice even though i was eyeing her with an aggressive gaze.

i breathed out to calm myself, i just nodded silently before restarting what i was doing. i felt a pat on my shoulder and when i turned, joohyun was climbing the stairs to the bedrooms. i stared at her before drying my hands.

i was about to turn the tv on when i heard the sound of glass breaking. it arises from the entrance, i was sure it was the window next to the front door. at this precise moment, i knew that juyeon was there, just as i told joohyun. i hadn't thought much of it and ran upstairs. i opened the door of joohyun's room and slammed it loudly. the black haired girl looked at me in surprise, stopping her movements.

"hide in the closet, right now." i told her, whispering, and turned to the door to lock it. fortunately, the closet was large enough for the two of us to hide inside. as i got in, i closed the door of the closet and hugged her tightly.

"w-what's happening?" she asked in a whisper as her head hit my chest.

my arms all around her shaking body, i patted her back, slightly pushing her backward to see her face. i couldn't lie on that, i was forced to tell her, even if that would scare the shit out of her.

"huh... juyeon is in the house."

"w-what?!" she brought her hand to her mouth and she said with a muffled voice

the light of the room that we had left on was illuminating joohyun's sparkling eyes through the thin gap of the closet door. i passed my thumb under her eyes to wipe her warm tears. knowing he was here was really freaking her out. we heard a loud bang, juyeon was trying to open the door of the room. the girl in my arms got a bit startled, she closed her eyes and lowered her head.

the loud punches juyeon was throwing at the door kept going until he broke in. i held my breath, knowing well that he would find us, unlucky for us, he wasn't that stupid. every time he was getting closer from a step, we heard it. he was slow, as i had already noticed, all of this was only a game for him. nothing more.

"if you think you can keep my girl like that any longer, you're wrong. i will get her back." juyeon's throaty voice growled, joohyun, on the other side, put her hands on my shoulders and hid her face in the crook of my neck. her breath on my skin warmed me up, making me want to hug her even tighter. the closet door opened violently and he grabbed my collar. "you were hugging her, you bastard!" he shouted.

he punched me in the face, i groaned in pain and held my bleeding nose. as he was dangerously running in my direction, i kicked him in the stomach with my foot. he backed off slightly to eventually fall down. he hit his head against the desk, causing him to pass out. i gasped and stood still.

everything went silent, i could only hear joohyun's cries. she had sat down inside the closet, hugging her knees and covering her face. i kneeled down in front of her and put my hand on her back, i had figured out that she was very sensitive to my touch. i guessed it was the same as everyone else's touch.

"hey, hey, it's okay. i'll call the police, don't worry." i grabbed my phone and called the cops. the call ended, i wrapped my arms around her and we stayed like this for a few minutes. "i will unlock the door okay, i come b-"

"i'm coming with you." she cut me off and looked at juyeon. he was laying on the floor, his chest lifting up when he was breathing in.

"he won't wake up, you know." i said as i stood up

she weakly stood up as well anyway, immediately gripping on my hoodie. her moves surprised me, i honestly thought that she wasn't the type to do that with me. i pressed my lips firmly and brought her downstairs. i unlocked the front door and looked at the window, the shutter was broken as the glass.

a police car parked on the sidewalk and officers came out of the vehicle. i opened the door for them and they walked in.

"where is the man?" it was the first question they asked.

"he is upstairs." i answered and they nodded.

a policewoman walked to us and brought out a block note.

"i have some questions for you, you can sit in the living room." her reassuring smile seemed to calm joohyun down. it was a pretty good news.

 it was a pretty good news