A Matter of Mating: Chapter #6 (It's Not too Late to Apologize...Stiles)

Stiles stayed curled up in the center of the puppy pile until he heard the doorbell ring. He started to get up, but Ethan shook his head. The brown haired omega got up and went over to the door. Ethan slowly opened it and smiled.

Amber eyes widened, and Stiles immediately perked up at the familiar scent. "Cora?" he called out.

Cora stepped inside and walked over as Ethan closed the front door behind her. He was quick to rejoin them and took his place in the pile once again. Cora looked at all of them before her eyes found Stiles again. "I need to talk to you, Stiles," she stated, her arms crossed and her hip popped to the side.

Stiles gulped at her stance. Sometimes it was easy to forget that Cora wasn't an alpha. Isaac purred at her and only then did her expression soften slightly. Before meeting Isaac and Cora, Stiles had never considered an omega/omega couple being a real thing.

"Stiles?" Cora said in an impatient tone.

The omega shook his thoughts away and nodded. "Okay." He glanced around at his friends. "Could you guys give us a minute please?" he asked them.

They hesitated for a brief moment before they all nodded and got up. One by one they headed outside to the backyard.

The only one who refused to leave was Isaac. He defiantly curled closer to Stiles. "I'm staying here because he came to me."

Stiles looked at Isaac with an appreciative smile. "You're my best friend, Izzy but I'll be alright with Cora."

Isaac huffed and glanced at said woman. "I know you will. I know her pretty damn well after all."

"Mhm," Stiles said. "So, you can trust your mate with your best friend, right?"

"Right," Isaac mumbled.

Stiles smiled. "I mean after all she is also the sister of my ma–" He cut himself off and paused before continuing, "Derek," he whispered.

Isaac was still reluctant but after a small smile from Stiles and a raised eyebrow from Cora he got up. The curly haired omega snuck a quick kiss to Cora's lips and then with a wink, he joined the others in the backyard.

🧡💧🐾🐺🐾💧💙

Stiles slowly sat up, his fingers gripping the blanket over his lap. "So..." he trailed off. It was hard but he forced himself to look at Cora. "S-So we need to talk?"

Cora nodded and took a seat on the couch. "Yes. I need you to talk to me about what's really going on with you and my brother."

The amber eyed omega swallowed thickly, his throat clicking and sighed. He quickly looked down at his hands, hoping to conceal at least some of what he was feeling. "We fought," he admitted quietly.

"Why Stiles?" she asked. "Why did you fight?"

"Because I'm angry and hurt," he stated firmly.

"Why are you angry and hurt?" she pressed.

Stiles looked up at Cora and frowned. He figured she had come in knowing what happened. Surely Derek had told her something. Stiles mentally facepalmed. Of course, Derek didn't tell her. Derek doesn't talk about those kinds of things. Not unless it's with Stiles and even then, it's rare. "I'm angry because I feel like the one person who's supposed to know me better than I know myself–" A sob tore through him but he quickly shoved it down trying to ignore the bubbling emotions. "I'm angry because I want Derek to claim me. I want him to make me his in more than words. I want him to acknowledge the fact that I'm not some weak little omega who needs his alpha to be a knight in shining armor all the time and..." he slowly tapered off.