The Same Bed?!

Abashed from their declaration of friendship, Killua swiftly retracted his hands from Gon's grasp. He averted his gaze from the raven-haired teen. "S-So..." Pale fingers began to absentmindedly fiddle with the hem of their sleeve. "What do we do now?" he finished lamely.

Gon hummed in thought, turning his head to look through the window.

Outside, large snowflakes fell silently through the air, steadily adding more thickness to the island's crystalline blanket. The trees that were stripped to almost bare branches swayed gently as the howling winds hushed to a mere whisper.

Amber eyes were soon drawn to the millions of dazzling stars that scattered across the sky. Gon rose to his feet and stretched his limbs with a satisfied sigh.

Killua peered at his friend with a raised eyebrow.

"Let's go to sleep! I'm a little tired now..." Gon sheepishly admitted, lazily rubbing at his eyes.

Killua studied Gon's face for a moment before he stood up and stretched his neck from side to side. "It can't be helped," he shrugged, casually placing his hands behind his head.

X

Killua lagged a few feet behind Gon to briefly examine the family portraits that adorned the wall.

Once Gon entered his bedroom, he plopped face first onto the welcoming bed. After reveling in the warmth of the sheets, he sat up on his knees to look at his friend who sauntered into the room.

Gon cocked his head to one side like a curious puppy. "Do you want to sleep against the wall or close to the edge of the bed?"

A fierce blushed stained Killua's cheeks as he sputtered in embarrassment. A pale finger pointed shakily at Gon. "You want me to sleep in the same bed as you?!" he uttered in disbelief.

Gon blinked several times, confused by Killua's sudden outburst. Soon, the corners of his mouth turned upwards as he replied with a shameless "Yeah!"

Taken aback from Gon's bluntness, a strange noise left Killua's throat. "I-I'll sleep on the floor," he voiced as he lowered himself to the ground. The assassin turned his body away from the bed hoping that it would end the conversation.

"But Killua!" Gon drawled out as he scooted over to the edge of the bed. He looked at his friend who made himself comfortable on the floor. "Your back will be all messed up!"

"It's fine, it doesn't bother me. I could sleep on the couch in the living room too."

"But I want us to be in the same room," Gon pouted.

Killua whirled his head around so fast, he nearly gave himself whiplash."W-Why?!" he stammered.

Gon timidly bumped his two index fingers together. "So that we can talk about stuff because...that's what friends do, right?" he asked with doe-like eyes.

Ugh! He's so...

He's so...

So...

Killua lifted himself off the floor and shoved his hands into his pockets. His expression was indecipherable as he looked away from Gon. "I kick in my sleep."

"Don't worry! I move around a lot too!" Gon reassured with a wide toothy grin.

The room was still as Killua considered Gon's response. Heat rose to his face. "I want to sleep near the edge of the bed."

"Okay!" Gon chirped, reaching over to turn off the lamp. The teen rolled so that he was against the wall before pulling the blanket up to his chest.

Killua stood hesitantly by the bed. His hand reached over and lifted up the other end of the blanket, allowing the assassin to slide into the empty space. With his back to the bed, Killua stared silently at the ceiling. A frown settled on his lips as a bead of sweat ran down his temple.

What do friends even talk about?

The last thing he wants to talk about is his assassination missions. So instead he chose to talk about the first thing that popped into his head.

"So, I was wonderi-" Killua was cut off when almost inaudible snores encompassed the room. He glanced to his side to see a knocked out Gon.

Killua closed his eyes, eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

Making me sleep here to talk and you're not even awake!

Killua's senses heightened when he felt a strange weight on his body. Cerulean eyes shot open to see a familiar face resting on his chest as though he were a pillow.

G-Gon?!

___________________________________________

A/N: Would you sleep near the edge or against the wall?