Conciousness

Lips spoke in incredulity as Gon stared at the gaping door ahead of him. The boy hastened, stumbling a bit on the way as he grasped the doorway, looking out into the hours of darkness in coexistence with snowfall.

"Killua!" Gon shouted in urgency.

Frenzied amber eyes darted within the house, locating his pair of boots which was scattered on the floor several feet away from each other. He grabbed them and placed them onto his feet. He made his way out the door and closed it along the way, fighting with the wind that wanted it to remain open. He took his flashlight that was on the porch and turned it on but to no avail. The battery had completely died.

"No!" he groaned as he quickly whacked it against his palm a few times in hopes to revive it.

The moon was his only illumination and regardless of that the boy still perservered on his venture. He waded in the snow, pushing his legs with all of his might in order to continue forward. The snowstorm hastily increases, blinding his sight with its white frozen droplets that soon collected on his eyelashes. The boy cupped his hands together, placing them near his mouth in an attempt to increase his volume and spoke.

"Killua!" He yelled around his vicinity, hoping that it doesn't get drowned out by the sharp winds that pierced the sky.

-Why would he leave? It doesn't make sense.-

The frigid air sent sharp pains into his lungs as he involuntarily inhaled to survive. His advancements soon trickled into naught as his body fought against him, pleading the boy to go back into the warmthness of his home.

Gon however persists, continuing to shout the other's name in the unforgiving nature. In a matter of time his body exhausts, compelling the boy to fall onto the cold bed of mushed ice allowing the snowfall to become his blanket as it piles onto the child. His vision slowly starts to fail him as his conciousness slips away.

Pale bare feet slowly crept up into his bleary field of vision before Gon's eyes completely close.