CHAPTER - 43

After eating together in silence. Arjun got up taking our plates. I was confused and I followed him.

He was doing DISHES? I went towards him and stared at him in disbelief.

"Seriously? Move aside" I said him and he smiled. What the fuck is wrong with him. Why is he behaving kind?

" You don't have to do that. Its okay I can do it " I said him and he turned his head towards me.

" It's just two plates and it's completed " he said while washing his hands.

" I was saying that.. It's m-maya's wedding so I need leave for a month " I mumbled and he nodded his head in agreement.

" okay " that's all he said and I was too shocked to understand what's happening. He gave me a leave? Leave for a freaking month?

" A-Arjun can I ask you something? "

" Hmm " he sat on the couch taking his laptop and typing it.

" You're not angry one me? I mean you're not.. " call me dumb but I was just confused I'm sure he's here to take his hatred on me but he's kind of behaving weird from that night. Did he feel bad?

" come here " I stood infront of him. And he kept his laptop on the table. He held my shoulders and made me sit on the couch. He kneeled down making my eyes widen.

" Meera I know you're confused hurting you only make me suffer more. I can't see you suffer princess. It breaks my heart. I know and I'm ashamed of what I did. I shouldn't have but all I can tell you is I'm sorry. I'm sorry and I mean it"

He said making me shocked and my vision blurred. I was about to tear up but but I wiped my tears.

" I just c-can't forgive you arjun. I cannot forgive myself too "

" Meera you don't have to forgive me. I just want the reason. I know you're hiding something just spill it out and trust me even after that if you want me to leave. I'll leave you. I'll go far away from you " he said with with tears in his eyes.

" I-I don't love you and it was perfect time to escape so "

" So you just thought running away from me would be the good option " his jaw clenched.

I shook my head as yes. His grip on my hand tightened. Suddenly his head fell on my lap and I could feel my dress getting wet. He was crying? I closed my eyes tightly. I dont want to make him cry. I just can't do this anymore.

My hands automatically went through his hair. I was crying badly now. Seeing him so broken made my heart shatter.

I started stroking his hair slowly.

" You don't love me anymore " he mumbled

I love you so much that you have no idea. I wish I could say him.

He got up and strided out. He dint even let me see his face. I washed my face and saw his laptop on my table.

I should return him his laptop. I saw he was working on something and I was bored. So I decided to complete his work. I hope he doesn't mind.

It's Evening and I finally decided to check on him and I came out to see his door locked. I went inside and slept for a while. It's 10pm now and I go out to see his door still locked.

I started panicking. I called him multiple times but his phone is switched off. I decided to call James because there's no other option. I called him and he dint lift too.

Rahul. He's in Kolkata.

I had his number but I dont think so he'll lift my call. I called him and he lifted.