TWENTY NINE

I just get mad when you on that lil girl shit...

Dani POV

I stare at Demi and Joshua waiting on them to say something. Part of me wants to slam the door in her face but my good side is telling me to hear her out.

"Can we come in?" she asked lowly.

No...

If we let Joshua in here, Von will beat our ass...

"YOU and the baby can come in. Not him," I said pointing to Joshua.

He handed her the baby and Demi walked inside, sat on the couch, and gave me a small smile.

"Is Von here?" she asked. I shook my head no and watched her take the baby out of the car seat. It was so tiny and dressed up in all pink.

Aww, it's a girl...

"Look, I'm sorry for going ghost and acting the way I acted at the jail visit. I was just so sad and shocked about what happened to Pop that I didn't even take time to think and just believed whatever. I know it wasn't your fault. I hope you forgive me," she apologized.

I guess we can accept it and move on...

Fuck her apology, she tried to play with us...

That's our sister, let it go...

"It's okay. No hard feelings."

I stared at the baby and Demi noticed my stares.

"You wanna hold her?" she asked me. I nodded my head and she slowly placed the baby into my arms.

"What's her name?"

"Dior." That's my middle name.

"I don't know why but when I first saw her she looked more like you than me in my opinion, so I thought it would be cute for her to have your middle name."

That's so sweet.

I wonder who's last name she has. I didn't ask though.

I started to get teary eyed as I looked down at Dior staring at me with pretty big eyes. She looks like me and Demi but I also thinks she looks a lot like my mom. It made me emotional.

"So how you been? What you been up to?" Demi asked me.

"I've been okay. I've been trying to get my life together and get on my feet. I feel like I've been living off of Von and I don't like it. I want to be independent and have my own stuff going on."

"Yeah that's understandable."

"He took me to the doctor's office the other day and they told me I was schizophrenic," I told her.

"Big ass word," Demi muttered, "what is that?"

"A disorder that our dad had. You hear voices and have a hard time concentrating."

"Oh yea, I always noticed how you would blank out and I was wondering if you would ever pick up on it."

"Welp I guess everybody was right. I am crazy," i chuckled.

Dior cooed in my arms and moved around a little. She was the cutest baby I had ever seen.

"So how have you been?" I asked Demi.

"I've been okay I guess. Joshua and I got an apartment and he's been working to take care of me and the baby. I'm really happy with him and the way he's handling his responsibilities."

I would say I'm happy for them but I always have their nasty ass age gap in the back of my head.

He's 18 and Demi is only about to be 15.