8 | bahrain

A/N: before the chapter starts, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be partially using the race results and events that happen on race weekends, but some others will be coming right from my imagination!

I walk to the entry of the medical facility and find myself in front of a very smiley Charles and Chloe, who stands next to him, but looks like she's zoned out. I send them a smile, and quickly strut towards them, I hug them both quickly.

—Hey Chloe, I'm so glad you came to the race, are you excited?—. I ask, politely introducing a conversation topic, and Charles observes her closely.

—Yeah, I am—. She answers, but she looks around like she's lost.

—So, Charles... The plan is that I'll be staying around with Chloe while I train with Dr. Ian, and tomorrow she'll be with you in boxes, right?—. I confirm the plan, and Chloe turns to see Charles.

—Yeah, that's great! Thank you so much, Cam, you two have fun!—. The Monegasque added while he pecked Chloe on the cheek, and she smiled in a forced grin.  Then, he continued to say his goodbyes to me, hugging me friendly real quick. I brushed off the weird vibe Chloe had and motioned for her to follow me.

—So, these are the facilities—. I walked inside, Chloe following quietly. —I'll show you my office, I've never had one and I'm excited, last...—. I continued, and in the middle of my inspired sentence, Chloe cut me off.

—Do you know where the bathrooms are?—. She asked, I stayed silent for a second. I nodded, but of course, I felt a twinge in my insides; and I don't want to brag about anything, but I'm perceptive and intuitive, so I know there's something wrong. It made me feel a bit down, that I was trying to make her feel welcome, but there was something that was not clicking.

—Oh yeah, of course. Right on the corner of this hallway, there's one!—. I commanded, and she turned around and walked out of my office. After several minutes, she came back and sat down in one of the chairs that I have in front of my desk.

—So, are you the doctor around here now?—. Chloe asked, evidently in an awkward tone.

—Yes! I am working with Dr. Ian Roberts, he has taught me everything, and I'm now in charge of first contact with the drivers.

—That sounds cool; was it difficult to choose your path?—. She asked, and I felt her voice softening, and opening herself little by little. I nodded.

—It's always difficult, inside of me, I wanted to stay with my parents at my house, be around my friends, and apply for the exam I've always wanted. But, leaving your comfort zone, the routines that don't serve you anymore, it's so valuable, cause the best things can come from these experiences, you know?

Her eyes were beaming, she nodded understandingly. She gulped and stared at nothing, and it was really weird, let alone concerning. She looked lost, and I felt that she was thinking about her path. I smiled at her, and she surprisingly smiled back. We stayed wrapped in comfortable silence, trying to find another conversation theme.

—Hey, cheer up Chloe, I know that whatever is on your mind and feels heavy on you will pass, and you'll make the right choice, just listen to what your heart is trying to say—. I add, leaning forward and trying to create a safe environment.

—I'm just so afraid of not making the right choice, or being too late when I'm ready—. She commented, and her voice portrayed her angst. I patted her back and made sure she felt my company.

—It can be difficult, I know that. But, look at your options, put all your feelings out there and examine what would fulfill you, what is not working for you anymore, and how can you make a decision that will eventually be better for you.