16 | barcelona

I squeaked intensely as I ran towards the room inside, the door slamming behind me. I embraced the person that was sitting on the top of my bed.

—You could be more friendly, bitch—. Liv exclaimed as I chuckled with my head buried in her hair. She held me tightly, and tears started pouring down my cheeks; she released me from the hug and observed me with wide eyes. —Hey! What's going on?

—I'm just so happy that you're here!—. I cried, and she laughed while embracing me again. —How did you get inside? Why are you here? How long?

—God Mila, you haven't changed a bit—. She laughed and guided me to the bed so we could sit down. —Charles helped me; I texted him and he stole the spare key to your bedroom, gave it to me, and made sure you didn't suspect anything. He's a total sweetheart—. She wiggled her eyebrows.

—Yeah, he's my best friend for sure—. Olivia sighed and opened her mouth in disbelief, acting all hurt and like I'd broken her heart. I pushed her shoulder playfully. —As in a boy!

We broke into laughter, and I continued my questioning.

—So, how long are you staying? You know I leave for Paris this week and then Barcelona the next one—. I said, concerned that she booked a flight and didn't think it through.

—What if I told you... That I took a month off my job to accompany you to both places?—. She smiled, and my body got all electrified in excitement.

—What? Are you serious?—. I asked, she nodded and I tackled her in a bear hug. —Gosh, you have no idea how much I needed this.

We stayed up all night chatting, I wanted to tell her all about the last few weeks, but of course, I had to let feelings out to not make them seem real to me. We slept a little bit and decided to spend some time in Miami Beach, sunbathing, shopping, and eating in amazing restaurants. We didn't catch any drivers when we went back to the hotel, everyone went back to their testing and homes, so we prepared to fly to Paris.

ººº

Paris with Liv was amazing, even though I had to go to work, I got to spend a lot of time with her and finally took the weekend to visit new places in the city and try new things. I had capacitation, like every other weekend, and analysis of accidents and new technology the FIA is implementing. We had movie nights, she made dinner every day after she's been exploring the city, and gave me the best tips about my new home. After a week and a half, we flew to Barcelona on Wednesday, and we arrived at Josep Tarradellas Airport in the early morning. We were transported to the hotel near the race track, and I told her she was able to explore while I went to work, and she refused because was eager to come too.

We arrived at the medical center, I handed her a Paddock Pass and made sure she knew the way around here. We explored through the motor homes and I saw Carlos coming out of the bright red Ferrari building; he instantly looked bright and happy and rushed toward us.

—Hello Cam, and...—. He looked at Liv, with a brow raised upward.

—Liv—. She intervened and extended her hand to salute him. —I'm Mila's best friend!

—Nice to meet you! It's great that you can come with her, she's a badass, but she needs to hang out with more girls, I'm pretty sure we have driven her crazy enough already—. He laughed.

—I can confirm that information—. I said trying to be serious, and they laughed looking at each other.

We spent the day on track, walking it and taking notes. We coordinated the movement and position of the walking medical team, and of course, ran some radio checks. Luckily, the day went by fast and we were released early from our duties. As we walked to the center to retrieve our belongings, I felt the arms of someone lifting me in the air and spinning me.