17 | monaco

"Mónaco"LAGOS ft

"Mónaco"
LAGOS ft. Danny Ocean

Monaco baby, the most extraordinary and most expected weekend in Formula One is here! It is told to be the most luxurious and fantastic experience, filled with galas and nightlife. I arrived today morning, being Wednesday; and had been spending the morning on the track in order to incorporate myself again into the team after resting exhaustively. Liv left in Barcelona, our goodbyes were absolutely heartfelt and even harder than before, she told me she'd come to another race, but it was unlikely due to work. Lando accompanied us to the airport when she was going away, and they were suspiciously affectionate with each other, promising to call and text each other. I was happy for my friends if they were to be together. I haven't seen anyone already, cause I'm usually one of the first ones to arrive on the circuit to make a plan for the day; and today we don't have much to do, just walk the track and make some notes. As the day goes by, I finish my tasks earlier than expected and I'm free to explore. I encounter the pair of french speaking boys I've been looking for the whole morning, and to my surprise, Kate accompanies Gasly. I shriek and run towards her, embracing her in a tight hug and both of us started to squeal and jump in circles, ridiculous but totally justified.

—Oh my god, it feels like I haven't seen you in ages!—. I yell, and she nods.

—I know! How are you feeling?—. She asked, placing a delicate hand on my shoulder.

—I'm perfect, like nothing happened!

—Just take it easy, and hydrate—. Charles adds, walking towards me and hugging me sideways; he offers me to drink from his bottle of electrolytes, I accept and take a sip.

—Oh, look. It's the prince of Monaco—. I vowed and he laughed. —I love your city, it's absolutely beautiful.

—It is! I mean, I have an enormous love for it. It brings back too many memories.

—You should walk the track with Charles, it's spectacular how his whole life is based here—. Pierre intervened, and I looked at him expectantly.

—Sure, are you guys coming too?—. I turned to both Pierre and Kate, they looked at each other and shook their heads.

—We wanted to head to the hotel early, cause the weekend it's going to be filled with events—. Kate spoke first, and Gasly agreed.

—That's great! So, I guess it's me and you Leclerc—. I bumped him, and he shyly smiled. The drowsy couple said goodbye and basically sprinted to the exit; we, on the other hand, started to walk towards the track.

Monaco was completely different from my city, and Charles was so passionate about home and how his life was when growing up. He showed me the buildings he used to spend time during his childhood, where his mother used to work, where was his first road to drive on, and the millions more memories he made in these streets. I loved seeing his eyes flicker with pride when he mentioned anything else that wasn't driving a one-seater, but everything that brought him here. I was staring at him in awe, as he talked to me about his school and how there was this one guy who used to pick on him.