Aesthetics and the Finer Things

Completed First Draft. Currently re-drafting, re-writing, and illustrating.

Achievements:

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 @𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲, @𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, @𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲, @𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 @𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

- 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲: '𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥', 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬" 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 @𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐔𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

- 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 "𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞" 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬" 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 @𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫𝐬" 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 @𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬" 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 @𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

- 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

- Winner of the "Creature of the Night" category of the Shut Up And Write Autumn Awards 2023 by ShutUpAndWriteClub

- Winner of the "Paranormal" category of the Hall of Fame 2023 Awards by @YearlyAwards

Welcome to The Curse of Lykaon (Lykion)

Welcome to The Curse of Lykaon (Lykion). Where old flames unite, where darkness runs rampant, and nothing is as it seems.

King Lykaon was the first werewolf in ancient Greek mythology. He was cursed by the King of Gods (Zeus) for serving a plate of human flesh for the god's dinner. In some versions of the myth, all of Lykaon's sons were also cursed. This is the mythology I will be following.

Illustrated by Elektra TheaName Pronunciation:

Name Pronunciation:

Lycius Mavros = Lis-see-us    Muv-ross

Rhea Drakos = Rei-ah   Drai-kos

Giannis Vlachos = Jia-nis   Vluh-kos

Lazarus = is pretty phonetic so it sounds exactly as it looks. But feel free to be Aussie about it and call him Lazza.

IMPORTANT - What to know and what to be wary of:

- Inspirations: Beauty and the Beast meets ancient Greek werewolf lore and dark urban fantasy. This is not a retelling of the tale or the Disney classic. It will not be set in a French provincial town, so if that's what you're looking for, I can recommend another beautiful retelling of the tale that I have on my fantasy reading list. PM me and I'll send you the link :)

You will get a confident female lead (Rhea) who is the "beauty" of this story with a darker nature due to her heritage. Picture the female version of the Darkling who is a worshipper of the goddesses Nyx and Hekate.

The "beast" will be an intimidating force on the outside and it's what is on the inside that Rhea will try to fish out so she can have her friend back. So, imagine a big wolf-man whose human form is a depressed punk.

Goth girl and Emo boy.

- Language/Swearing: There will be Australian colloquial language, meaning there may be references you'll do a double-take on and if it is jarring, comment and I will fix it up or give you a definition. The main thing to be wary of is that there will be swearing, as in my country, swearing is part of my everyday life, and these naughty words are interweaved through sentences as both insults and terms of endearment.

- Some words will not be in English but in Greek, they are mainly titles of characters who are Greek. Example: Theia Alexandra = Aunty Alexandra, Yiayia = Grandmother

- This is a mature book. I do intend to write smut.

- This is also the first draft so apologies for the errors you will certainly come across. Know that I'm not doing this on purpose to hurt you!

- There will be traces of toxic masculinity and it will be challenged (Giannis vs Rhea)

I think I have covered everything so on that note, if you haven't been driven away, I do hope you get some enjoyment from this novel!

The many transformations of Rhea and Lycius are illustrated by Elektra Thea through Procreate