Chapter 10

Already on chapter 10. Also, tysm for 300 votes! Love you. -Rae <3

It felt good parking in front of the library. When I stepped out of my car, I released a heavy sigh at the sight of the setting sun.

Now I just relax, organize my notes, solidify some theories and make a plan for what I'll do next, I thought to myself as I approached the entrance.

I heard some familiar laughter, and I turned my head to see Professor Rize walking with other staff members deeper into the parking lot, more than likely going home for the night. He saw me going inside the library and gave me a wave. "Hey, Mari! I hope you're feeling better! Take it easy!"

"Thanks! Have a good night!" I called back, also giving the other staff members a friendly wave. Once I was inside the library, I said hello to the two librarians at the front desk before going up the stairs to my usual spot.

The best thing about going to the library in the evening time was that it would be a lot quieter and less crowded, which was exactly what I needed. Plus, I had the second floor all to myself. I opened up my laptop and typed everything that I heard from the bar and high school.

I learned more about two victims, now I had five more left to go including Alex. Would it make more sense to start with him since he's the most recent one? I thought as I went on incognito mode to search up his name on the internet. All that came up was how he was murdered. Nothing related to any crime he may have committed.

Emmett Daniels and Eva Freeman were terrible people, and if the rest of the masked killer's victims were terrible as well, then it would be safe to assume that the killer is just getting revenge. As I continued typing things up, I made a solid plan.

After the funeral, I'll relax for a little bit, then I'll go check out the nightclub where Adryan Kells was found. Then while it's still bright and early, I can check out that wooded area where Patricia Myers was found in the cabin, if I'm able to access it. But one way or another, I definitely need to go back to Silver Meadows' Trail and finish the route to Phantom's Campsite. Something has to be there.

Then, I thought about Dana, who was incredibly suspicious, and Isla, who appeared to be her girlfriend. Nervously, I grabbed my phone and checked my messages.

Dana: Hey, haven't seen you all day. Just wanted to check in on you. How are you?

I thought about her reaction at the bar when Isla mentioned that I was there. She looked afraid. There was something she didn't want me finding out.

Mari: At the library studying. All good. You?

Her response comes in a few minutes.

Dana: Yeah. Running a few errands, then I'll be going home to prepare for tomorrow. Did you have dinner yet? I'm kind of in the mood for nachos.

My stomach growled in agreement. That did sound nice. Then it hit me that I forgot to eat something after going to the high school like I said I would. I figured that maybe I could cut my studying time a little short and meet her somewhere for dinner.

Then maybe poke around and see if she'll slip and tell me something about the murder, the bar, or even Isla.

Mari: Nachos sounds good. Meet at the restaurant in an hour?

Dana: Sounds good, Sugarcube. See you then. :)

Mari: See you then.

I put my phone away, then did some calculations in my head. If I met up with her in an hour, and the restaurant was about fifteen minutes away, then I should leave here in about thirty-five minutes.