Turn Around?

Miriam's POV
i was at the skate park, this was where i would spend a lot of my time after school when we moved here. it had been around 4 years since we moved, i was almost 18 and would be starting my senior year of high school soon. i was hanging out with my friends jack and hailey, i had met them just after we moved to california. currently i was standing at the top of a new pretty tall ramp while they looked up at me, yelling at me to go. "COME ON MIRIAM!! YOU GOT THIS!" hailey yelled, i finally just took a breath in, closed my eyes and went for it. sure i completely ate shit but i did better than either of them did, jake took one look over the edge and backed out of even trying. "holy crap, you good dude??" jake said in a very concerned voice. i just laid there silently for a minute, even though it was quiet i could tell they both were concerned. after i minute i got up, fixed my beanie and just laughed. "haha! dude did you see that!? god what a rush." i got a call from my parents asking me to come home because they had something they wanted to talk about. "sorry guys i uh, i gotta go." "everything alright?" hailey asked. "yeah, yeah it's fine my parents just asked me to be home for dinner." i said as i quickly started walking away, telling them i'd see them later. sure, i felt bad lying to my friends but at the same time, i didn't even know what was going on and i didn't want to worry them. when i got home i went up to my room and put away my skateboard and plugged my phone in before going back downstairs. "miriam? can you come here please?" i heard my mom call from the kitchen, okay, now i was scared. i walked into the room and saw them both sitting at the table looking at me, my mom looking concerned and my dad with his hands folded on the table. "hey mom, dad, whats up?" i said, obvious nervousness in my voice. "sweetie, we need to tell you something." my mom said, almost like she knew i wasn't going to like what they were going to say. "huh, you know what i think i left the oven on." i got up and got my hand on the doorknob before my dad stopped me and brought me back to the table. "ok, maybe we should have started with this but, no running off like last time." "ok... wait, last time?" the look on both of their faces basically confirmed what i was thinking. "a- are you guys serious?? we're moving again?! you can't do this to me, i already lost a friend group i can't lost another one i just made friends-" my dad cut me off before i could freak out any more. "miriam, we're moving back to toronto. i know it will be hard to leave friends again but we figured this would be for the best, you can finish high school there, possibly reconnect with old friends, plus you have always talked about going to college there." i couldn't believe it, we were leaving again. except this time it felt different, of course it would hurt to leave my friends again but, i could see abby and priya again, hell i was even excited to see tyler again, i could see mei again. "i um- i think i'm gonna go to my room for a while." i knew they wanted to say something more but they didn't push it. i immediately pulled out my phone to make a call.