Feelings Shared

Miriam's POV:

While we were walking outside all I could think about was Mei. she was taller but still shorter than me. her hair went down just past her shoulders, she was wearing a red hoodie and leggings, classic Mei. I was apparently staring for too long because Mei waved her hand in front of my face and we were suddenly outside the door.

"You okay? I kinda lost you for a minute." Still just as concerned as always. "Yeah, just zoned out sorry." I noticed Mei pulling her sleeves down, I forgot how cold it gets here I got so used to it being warm all the time. She was always cold when we were little, even when she had a jacket on. "Here." I took off my flannel and handed it to her as we sat down.

"So... you're back." she was looking at the ground, obviously feeling weird about the situation. "Yeah, I am." We sat in silence for a minute before I started talking. Unfortunately that's when Mei started talking as well. "Well how hav-" "So I just-" We both just started laughing, there's the laugh I love so much. 

She gestured as if to tell me to go first. "Look Mei, I wanted to talk to you about something."  "Ok, what is it?" I took a deep breath in and looked at her just waiting for me to start. "I... I like you Mei, and I have for a while but I never got the guts to tell you." She looked surprised and blushed but then she got a different look on her face, I knew this look, she's thinking.

"The notes..." she said before looking up at me. "They were you, weren't they?" I'm not surprised she figured it out, but I'm scared of how she'll react when I tell her. "Wait but you haven't been here, hang on, explain." well i guess this is it, she's gonna know everything now. "Okay, I'll explain everything."