Chapter 13

I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF WHY DID I HURT POOR INNOCENT JOOICE!?!?! Enjoy.

Jooice heard mumbling. Where was he? What happened? He was so confused. Wait, Nadwe. He left Nadwe. Did he die? Jooice shot up, the thought of dying shocking him. Zane fell back, startled by Jooice's sudden awakening. Aphmau and Aaron turned and saw Joocie was awake. "What the...how the...wha..." Jooice was stunned. "Jooice!" Nadwe said, and he grabbed Jooice in a hug. "Nadwe." Jooice said. Nadwe was fine. He was safe. Zane sighed with relief. Meme entered the room with fear in his face. "That was way too close." he said. "Wha...how did?" Jooice started to ask, but Nadwe interrupted him. "You stopped breathing, you seemed to be dying! I panicked, and the first person I thought of was Zane. I sent him a quick telepathic thought, and they managed to find another crystal in their world, so they came here and they managed to get the others here in time." Jooice was shocked. He was dying? Suddenly, the pain in his head started. He groaned in pain, laying back down on the bed. Zane came back over and put some ice on his head. "It's going to be okay. Take it easy." Zane said. As it turned out, they realized they were in a very bad situation. One of the cracks had turned into a small hole, letting the juice in his head fall out, but it was protected by the glass cast Meme put on. If it wasn't there, Jooice would've died. "Don't move your head too much. We don't want more of the juice coming out." Meme said. He carefully turned Jooice to his stomach, and looked at the cast. Meme could see the hole, but the area it was in was enclosed. No juice would escape. For now. "Good news, the juice isn't going anywhere. What it'll do to you, I don't know." Meme sighed. Jooice felt his spirit being crushed. "You're telling me that I could just die any second?" Jooice asked, turning back up to face Meme. "I didn't say that, I just said that I don't know what'll do to you." Meme said slowly, hoping that Jooice didn't let his rage get the best of him. But Jooice didn't feel rage. He didn't feel any anger. He felt hollow. Like he was already dead. He put his head in his hands, and let the tears fall. He didn't even know what to think. What was there to think? He was so close to death, he could even die right now. Meme sat next to him, not saying anything, just being there for him. "Wait." Zane said. Jooice looked up at him. "This is going to sound like a horrible idea, but it's one I thought of." Aaron and Aphmau shared a worried look. Zane was a scientist. Well, sorta. He did a lot of experiments. "What if we were to take the juice out, fix the whole cup, then put the juice back in?" Zan explained. Silence hung in the air. "That...might actually work." Meme said, thinking about it. "What?!" Jooice yelped. "Meme, if the juice comes out, I die!" Jooice argued. "But what if we found a way to move the juice along with your consciousness. Or put it somewhere where it would still keep you alive. It would actually work! Because as long as your consciousness is still alive, you stay alive too," Meme said. Jooice didn't like the idea one bit. The risk was way too high. "Listen, I know we can do it, I have a plan." Meme said. Jooice sighed. "Fine. But as soon as something goes wrong, you stop it, understand?" Meme promised. "Zane, come with me." Meme said. The two went out, leaving Nadwe, Jooice, Aphmau, and Aaron alone. Aphmau went over to Jooice and gave him a hug. "We were so worried sick about you guys." she said. "Yeah, things definitely got hectic." Jooice chuckled. "Listen, whether you like it or not, we're a part of this now. Chaos is hurting you guys, our friends. We're not going to let that happen." Aaron said. Jooice sighed. "I am on the edge of death. I may not even live to see Chaos die." Jooice said. The glass cracked a tiny bit, making him gasp in pain. They looked at the cracks, but saw that it was nowhere near where the juice had come out. "We're good." Nadwe said. He suddenly transformed into a bat. "I forgot you could do that." Aphmau said. "It's weird. I've been transforming for no reason. It's nothing, just weird." Nadwe said, flying around, then landing on Joocie's knee. Jooice looked at Nadwe as a bat. Wings, fur, pointy ears, red eyes, fangs, but the only way you knew it was him has the two small hats on his head. Jooice rubbed his shoulder where the vine had stabbed him, and felt shivers of pain go down his arm. "The others are talking with your friends. Catching us up on what happened." Aphmau said. Jooice realized a lot happened in a short amount of time. Chaos sure was keeping them on their toes. He felt tired, but didn't want to risk dying again. He just grabbed a pillow and clutched it, giving him something to hold on to. Nadwe flew off his knee, and changed back to human. He winced in pain, clutching his heart. "You good Nadwe?" Aaron asked. "Yeah, just some pain. It hasn't been that bad." Nadwe said. Meme and Zane came back in. "We finished setting up." Meme said. "That fast?" Aphmau said. "Natalie decided to help us, and she helped get everything done." Zane explained. Jooice was scared now. Was he ready for this? He knew walking was not an option, so Aphmau and Aaron helped him. The pain wasn't as bad as before, but it still annoyed him. They walked into another room, and they lay him on the bed. "Relax Jooice." Natalie said. She placed two wire things on his head. Jooice felt his heart race. "We need to get the juice out along with him, so this is going to hurt a lot." Zane said. Meme looked at Jooice "You ready?" he asked. "...yeah" Jooice said. Meme nodded. "Hold still." Meme said. Jooice braced for the pain. Suddenly, the wires dug into his head, and the pain was unbearable. He groaned in pain as it increased tenfold. "Almost there." Meme said. Suddenly, they shot through the glass and created two holes. The pain made him scream. His body was on fire, everything was burning. Suddenly, it stopped, and everything went black. He floated in the sea of black. Had everything gone wrong? Was he dead? He floated there, in the sea of black, but was suddenly pulled down and landed on something hard yet soft. "Ow." He said. He was dazed, everything happening so fast.