Aftermath (14)

Waking up this time was rather... uncomfortable actually, which I would've expected the first time but...
My head hurts... that went horribly. I opened my eyes slightly and a wave of dizziness over took me; I'll be keeping them closed for the time being, then.
Not just my head either...
"About time you woke up... I was honestly just considering going to get coffee." That doesn't sound like much of an offer if I've ever heard one.
"How are you feeling?" The tone he used was guarded, nothing like the Akira I know.
"Like Ive been hit by a train." The response was mildly sarcastic, though it was true. Ever inch of my body was sore in one way or another, and I was incredibly uncomfortable.
I tried opening my eyes again, having a bit more success this time. The room was pretty dimly lit; I'm starting to see a constant with that. Is Akira some sort of vampire-? No, I've seen him out in the sun, scratch that it's impossible.
"Mhm, and you could've avoided that had you just behaved yourself. It's not that hard listening to me, you know..." He knelt down to be at my level, taking my face in his hand again. Instinct kicked in and I tried to hit him away; I didn't make it very far, the sound of chains rattling told me why.
"Get the hell off of me." This is a less than desirable situation. The shadow chuckled and obeyed, staying where he was likely just to taunt me.
"Personal space." I didn't really expect him to listen to me, he hasn't done much of that so far; realistically though, I haven't either.
"What are you planning on doing anyway?" So far, all I know is that I'm some sort of treasure to him; it's not much to go off of, I don't know if it's even true. I do know that it's kinda creepy though, and I definitely despise this guy.
"There's no need to worry about that, I'm not planning on hurting you." He paused, taking a moment to think about what he just said.
"Well- anymore. I don't plan on hurting you anymore than I already have." And that's mostly my own fault; I asked for it.
"That's reassuring." The comment was made to be sarcastic; nothing about this is reassuring, more or less comfortable.
"So what are you planning on doing now?" For some reason, I feel like my answer will be something along the lines of me staying here against my will.
"Well... you're staying here, for one. Clearly I can't trust you to wander around without causing problems." Called it.
"You provoked me." You know what? I'll say it straight out; I felt provoked in that fight. He tempted me with that knife, knowing full well I'd take the chance. What an ass...
"How?"
"The knife you idiot, you taunted me with it."
"That doesn't mean you attack me-"
"Yes it does. Even a poor excuse of a shadow should have enough common sense to know that." The shadows I've encountered in the past have at least been better off than this, far more accurate. I'll have time to think over this later on.
"No it doesn't-" This conversation feels a bit childish, actually, but I interrupted him again regardless.
"Whatever. Is what you said before true? About me being some sort of treasure in this palace?" It's still not very believable, but the more information I've got, the better.
"Mhm, very. With that being said, how much have you pieced together?" Good choice of words; I love been given no information to go off of, so annoyingly, I have to do everything myself.
"Enough." That doesn't mean I'm giving a straight answer.
"And you call me a prick..."
"I haven't called you a prick. Yet." If I have to stay here for much longer though, it's going to happen sooner rather than later.
"You really do enjoy changing the topic don't you?" I wasn't the one who changed it...
"The same could be said about you." I paused to gather my thoughts before continuing.
"This palace is obviously Akiras desires, and you're a shadow manifested from said desires, and this all has something to do with me." Good information will come with a level of sacrifice this time; said sacrifice is a bit of my pride, which I'm running low on anyway.
"Just 'something' to do with you? You haven't figured it out further than that?" There's that cocky grin again... Restricting my movement was a good idea; otherwise, id likely be back to the same things again... he pisses me off. I want him dead. Badly.
"Yes, just 'something." I've thought more in depth about it, but part of me is refusing to believe the obvious answer.
"Do I really have to spell it out for you? You're smart, think Akechi." And the last thing I wanted to hear was my name coming from his mouth. The audacity... this guy is was too cocky for his own good. How I desire to take him down a few notches... But it's incredibly irritating just how little I can actually do at the time.
"Maybe you do." Or maybe you don't. I've got a general idea of what's going on here, what the desire is, but I don't have a full hold on why. Akira is smart, he wouldn't let this happen and would talk to someone if he felt like something was off. That's another slightly annoying trait that this shadow hasn't copied; at the very least, Ill be able to tell between the real and the fake if it comes to it.
He sighed at my response, an irritated sound.
"Really..? You're more incompetent than I thought." That struck a nerve; a leaned forward, pulling on the chains.
"You-" I growled the word before being interrupted.
"He's in love with you, idiot." My body tensed up a bit hearing it. He's..?
"And what reason do I have to believe you?" That's a pretty stupid question, but I really don't want to believe it.
"Look around Akechi, isn't it obvious?" And he had to call me out for it...
"Akira's desires wouldn't- no, couldn't run rampant like that. You're lying to me. In fact, I don't even think you are Akira." Everything about that added up to me, except... he can't access the velvet room, and by the way I was allowed entry was through a contract. Did he break that contract?
"I'm not, so there's no need to deny it. He was going to tell you sooner or later..." Sooner would've been nice, because maybe I wouldn't be in this position.
"Say I believe you; what about the velvet room? Igor? The contract?" His confused look told me one of two things. Either this shadow has no clue how I know that, or doesn't know what I'm talking about.
"Ask Igor yourself, you've got plenty of time." He got up and backed off.
"In the meantime, I've got some intruders to take care of." That means the other thieves are here. Took them long enough...
"Wait a damn second-" He turned on his heel, not even giving me a chance to speak, and left.
"Son of a bitch..." I pulled on the chains again, they aren't budging. That's starting to hurt a bit.
"Fuck... how did I even get myself into this mess?" My head fell back against the wall without me really wanting it too; I must still be drained from that fight earlier.
At least I've got time to think. It'll be awfully embarrassing to be saved by the merry band of thieves, I can't let that happen.
I scanned the room for any type of exit; even if there was a key, I doubt I'd be able to reach it. And Loki isn't here either; my power is dormant again.
There's a lot I've still got left to piece together, and it seems like I'll have plenty of time to do it.
____
Words: 1341
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Authors note: please excuse any late chapters/the release of a single chapter at a time. It's exam season, that's where my focus is.