eight - pax

When you wake up, Levi's nowhere in sight and you can hear the shower running. 

Honestly, you're relieved. It gives you the time you need to wake yourself up and get dressed before Levi gets out. Some sort of semblance of normalcy in this chaotic weekend.

Yawning, you check your phone. You've got nearly a dozen texts from Petra.

Petra Ral (1:22): VEE IT HAPPENED

Petra Ral (1:22): IT HAPPENED

Petra Ral (1:23): LIKE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Petra Ral (1:23): I MADE A MOVE JUST LIKE YOU SAID

Petra Ral (1:23): IT WORKED

I'll say. Your lips twitch as you read the rest of the texts, which is just the most brief possible overview of what happened yesterday, with promises of giving you all of the details after this trip is over. You text back a quick so happy for you!! can't wait to hear all about it before you push yourself out of bed, moving to your bag to dig through your things.

By the time you hear the shower turn off, you're already changed and you're in the process of managing your hair. You exhale slowly, mentally preparing yourself to deal with Levi this early in the morning. 

You hear the bathroom door open, and your eyes flicker sideways. 

Levi's hair is ruffled, like he'd just dried it with a towel. His black slacks look unworn, but you're sure they're the same pair he was wearing yesterday. He's got his shirt on but it's unbuttoned, and he's in the middle of rolling up his sleeves.

He's got abs. God fucking damn does he have abs. Jesus-

You jerk your eyes away as fast as you can, pretending you're focused on your hair. "You really needed to shower again?" you say dryly. "Steal all of the hot water from people who need it?"

"Needed a full body cleanse after spending a night in close proximity to you," Levi responds.

"Right. Pretty sure you kicked me once or twice."

Levi doesn't reply right away, so you glance over. He's doing up the buttons of his shirt. "As much as kicking you would be nice, that's more contact than I would ever want," he mutters.

His voice is quieter than usual, but still firm. You wonder if you did something. "They've got complimentary breakfast here, right?" you say, changing the subject. 

"It's probably shit."

True enough. You watch Levi for another second, then go back to focusing on yourself. He seems okay and it looks like he slept, so hopefully he managed to get enough sleep despite the storm. 

Why do you care? You shouldn't.

Scowling, you start pulling your shoes on. "Get going," you urge. "I'm not leaving you in my room alone."

"I don't want to be here any longer than I have to," Levi assures you, moving to grab his shoes. 

You slow yourself down, letting Levi get his shoes on first, and you say, "you go, I'll be there eventually," so that the two of you don't have to go down to the breakfast thing together. Levi leaves and you get to briefly listen to the howling of the wind before the door shuts again. Looks like the thunder and lightning stopped, but the rain and wind are still going in full force.

You squeeze your eyes shut, then reopen. Fucking hell, you can't get his abs out of your head. They were there and they were obvious: well defined and looking chiseled from fucking stone. Where the hell did he get a body like that? What the...