thirteen - bacchus

Levi can't stop thinking about you.

He hasn't been able to stop thinking about you, ever since that fateful night in January when he'd come out to help you. Not that night, but the morning after, when you'd been eating breakfast with him and Hange. You'd reached for him and thanked him so genuinely that it almost made his heart seize.

You'd touched his hand. Your fingertips, filled with heat and fire, a touch so intense that he wouldn't have been surprised if he came away with burn marks. 

And since then, he was fucked. He couldn't figure it out, why you had this effect on him, why he couldn't go minutes without thinking of you, without glancing at the back of his hand and wondering if he'd see marks there.

What is it? What is it about you? He's supposed to hate you, that's how this all began- but what he's feeling isn't hate. He's not sure what it is. 

And then, he'd kissed you. Like a fucking idiot.

Levi still doesn't understand why he did it. He only remembers realizing he upset you and not being able to stand you leaving while mad at him. So he'd followed, wanting to explain himself or apologize or literally anything to make you feel better- and like the dumbass he is, for some dumb fucking reason, he'd decided to kiss you.

You'd just looked so... stunning. Rain on your face, eyes alight with fury, shoulders high and ready to stand your ground. God, you were just...

No. No, what is he thinking? Absolutely not. He can't be doing this.

"Fuck," Levi curses, taking one of his extra pillows and pressing it onto his face. "Fuck!"

"You alive in there?" Hange shouts from the kitchen.

"Fuck off!"

"I'll take that as a yes!"

Fuck, and then there was last Saturday. Isabel's birthday. You just... you got along with them so well- ridiculously well, having only met them once- and you were kind, and you were funny, and Farlan and Isabel loved you. 

On that picnic bench. Saying things that he'd never imagined he'd say out loud, and being painfully nervous of what you'd say, what you'd think- and then you, acting exactly how he needed you to- without pity and sympathy but still willing to listen- but he shouldn't be surprised, because that's just how you are...

He'd been about to say something before Farlan called you two over. He doesn't even know what he was going to say anymore- he doesn't know how to voice the thoughts in his head, the pain in his chest. Nothing makes sense. 

This is unhealthy. This connection he's making to you. He's tying himself to you, sinking deeper and deeper into a trap, a fucking trap-

"Hey there," Hange says brightly, poking their head into Levi's doorway. He groans into the pillow on his face in response. "Am I interrupting something? An existential crisis?"

"I hate you."

"Amazing! Anyways, I wanted to host a party here and wanted to make sure you were cool with it."

Levi lifts the pillow from his face. "When?"

"First weekend of April- the last weekend of classes. Downstairs neighbors suggested it! They're hosting something too, so we're kind of combining," they explain excitedly, talking so fast that if Levi were anyone else, it might've taken him a second to catch up.

"...Why?" he eventually asks. 

"Why not? I've always wanted to host a party."

"With who?"