twenty seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN;the boy behind the mask!

the boy behind the mask!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I GAVE BECK THOSE GLASSES. I MEAN HOW CAN I BE THAT STUPID?" Peter wails as he runs around his hotel room, aggressively closing the curtains.

Amala just stands between the window and the door, eyes wide and contemplating her whole life.

After Peter finally, finally admitted that he was Spider-man, it didn't take long for him to spill his entire life story since being bit by that spider.

Due to how reserved he previously was, Amala assumed that he would feed her small spoonfuls of information. Perhaps starting with how he got bit, then how he became an Avenger, how his suits were made and then finally, his current issue.

To her surprise, the second they arrived back to his room, Peter said everything.

Mysterio, also known as Quentin Beck, first appeared on their earth in Mexico. Supposedly, he was spotted by Nick Fury as he was fighting an earth manipulating Elemental — which would be the first Elemental sighting, following a cyclone that "had a face". Things slowed down for a little while. Mysterio, who hadn't been identified yet, went off the grid. That was until the second official Elemental appeared. That was in Venice. Spider-man — or Peter — assisted Mysterio on defeating the water monster and was then ambushed by Nick Fury and recruited into the team that would stop the Elementals. That was the night Amala came to his hotel room and was rudely turned away. Beyond that, Peter — or Spider-man — and Mysterio were supposed to get to the assigned locations and stop the havoc. That's why the entire class took a detour to Prague. That's why Peter recognized the driver; he worked for Nick Fury. They were never offered an "upgrade" as Mr. Harrington said. They were never even supposed to attend the carnival. The entire reason it was cancelled was due to the fact they needed everyone safe and inside — which, looking back, Amala realizes she directly defied an order from Nick Fury by running after Peter. Moving on, their entire trip was a lie, including the second new hero, the Night Monkey (who was just Spider-man in a black getup). It was all just a ruse to get Peter to Prague in the most unsuspecting way possible... and it worked. Peter was at right place when the attack struck and with the help of Mysterio, it was contained. All in all, the mission was a success. Until... well, until right now.

Also, the multiverse theory is real.

"I can't believe the multiverse theory is real..." Amala whispers to herself as Peter panic packs a bag.

Peter scrambles around the hotel room, lost in his own world. "He's probably spying on me right now or sending a drone to come and kill me!"

The raven is still in shock. Processing the information is proving to be a difficult task — considering that her best friend and crush is a hero who just accidentally trusted a power hunger terrorist. Still, one thing keeps circling back into the forefront of her mind.