Chapter 5

This is one-shot takes place three, maybe four weeks after Lizzie moved in with the Alwyn's. It's the first chapter without a flashback, but I think you'll like it anyway!

****
Lizzie's stomach rumbled as Taylor opened the door for her. It was Thursday, which meant she had therapy today again. If she was honest, Lizzie didn't overly like these sessions - so far she had only had a few, but talking about stuff and sharing her thoughts with someone else made her feel very nervous. She wasn't used to that much talking - especially that much talking about her feelings.

But Taylor had insisted on these therapy sessions, and now she drove Lizzie to her therapist's office every Thursday and waited for her in her car. Her mom would have never done that for her, and maybe that's why Lizzie had agreed to do these sessions in the end. Knowing that Taylor wanted her to talk to a specialist so badly she was willing to wait for her in a car for over an hour, made her feel warm inside. It made her feel like someone cared about her well-being, physically and mentally.

"I'll wait for you in the car as always," Taylor told her, and Lizzie just nodded her head and walked into the office of her therapist. It had taken Taylor some time to find a fitting therapist, especially because she had been overly cautious about it. She hadn't wanted Lizzie to go to some therapist who would end up gossiping about what they had heard from Lizzie.

It was something the girl still had to get used to. She was now living with one of the most famous people ever, and extra safety measures had to be installed.

In the end, Taylor had ended up asking her own long-time therapist for a recommendation, and she had suggested Dr. Galler. The woman was in her early thirties, and Lizzie liked her - even though she didn't always like the sessions with her.

"Take a seat, Lizzie," Dr. Galler told her and motioned to the soft chair where the girl usually sat in.
Lizzie complied and took off her brand new winter jacket, which Taylor had just bought her.

"How are you today?" The doctor asked, and Lizzie shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She hated these open questions where Dr. Galler expected long answers from her.

"I'm good. I'm quite busy." Lizzie kept it vague and somehow hoped that the hour would be over soon, even though she knew they hadn't even really started yet.

"Busy with what?" Dr. Galler asked, just like Lizzie had expected. The girl resisted the urge to roll her eyes and just sighed quietly.

"With life... Figure skating, schoolwork, family," Lizzie replied and smiled at the word family. She never really had a family before, and even though Elena, Nora, and Luca could be quite a handful, she loved spending time with them.

Especially with Luca. They would dance together in the basement, where Joe and Taylor had decorated a room that was just perfect to practice ballet in. She had had ballet lessons since she had been a little kid, and now she could give Luca some tips while training for herself.

"How do you like living with your new family then?" Dr. Galler interrupted her daydreaming, and Lizzie wondered if she would ever get tired from asking her that many questions.

"I really like it. They are all very kind to me. Elena, Nora, and Luca all think of me as a big sister. That's quite cool. I've never had siblings before."

"What about Taylor and Joe? How do you like them?" Lizzie had thought her answer had been quite detailed, but Dr. Galler didn't seem to have asked yet enough.

"They are great." Lizzie paused and tried to think of an example. "They never really lose their patience with any of the kids, and they are really attentive. Taylor bought me a new winter jacket just because she saw that mine was a little too small for me. My mom would have never noticed something like this."