Chapter 13

I can't believe this is already chapter 13! I wrote an extra cute (and kind of long) chapter for this special occasion. I hope you like it!

****
It was a cozy Saturday afternoon, the twins and Lena were at a friend's house and Thea and Lizzie were laying on the sofa zipping through TV channels.

"Why is there nothing good to watch today?" Thea whined a little bit and Lizzie had to smile at the dramatics in her voice.

"It's probably because there are better things to do than watching TV on a Saturday afternoon," Lizzie suddenly heard Taylor reply and she turned her head to see Taylor coming in with a tray of three hot chocolates.

"But Mom!" Thea protested, "What are we supposed to do? Lizzie still needs to rest her ankle, Betty isn't here this weekend and we don't even have homework to keep us busy."

Taylor laughed a little bit at Thea's explanation, while she gave one of the hot chocolates to Lizzie.

"How about we look through some photo albums together? It's a rare occasion that I have you two all for myself," she said and snuggled herself between the two girls.

"Okay. But only if you don't show any embarrassing baby photos!" Thea agreed and Lizzie nodded her head in agreement as well. She would love to see some photos of the Alwyn family over time. Her mom had barely taken any pictures of her, and if so it had usually been to criticize her looks, and she had never ever made a photo album. And her dad had never been around that much to actually fill out an entire photo album.

"Great!" Taylor said, "I have brought my three favorites already with me!" Taylor said excitedly and grabbed the first album from the tray. "I think in this one you were around four or five years old." 

She opened the first page and they were greeted by a smiling Thea with pigtails, enjoying an ice cream. "This was taken in New Zealand!" Thea exclaimed, "Rosa was the best ice cream maker in the whole wide world!"

Taylor nodded. "You are totally right!"

Taylor turned the page and there was another picture of Thea, this time her blonde locks were falling over her shoulder, but the background was almost the same.

"Is this New Zealand, too?" Lizzie asked politely and Thea nodded.

"Yes, it's Rosa's garden. Do you see the willow tree in the back? It's even bigger now! And it's where Mom and Dad got married..."

Lizzie nodded her head. She had seen some wedding pictures as they were littered all across the house. And the willow tree had been a frequent sight as well. "I knew I had seen it before! It's all over your wedding photos!" Lizzie said and didn't know why she hadn't noticed it before.

"It's a beautiful location for a wedding, I have always thought so."

Taylor smiled at her as she was turning the page again. "Thank you," she replied and then pointed at the page. "And look, Thea, this was your birthday party that year. There is Betty, there is Kai, and look, there is Daisy!"

Lizzie looked at the picture and indeed she recognized many of the kids as she had been to many of Thea's birthday parties in the past. It had taken her some time to realize that a lot of Thea's friends were raised by famous parents.

"Oh, I loved these pool birthday parties," Thea said reminiscing, skipping through the few pages that were dedicated to her birthday party of that year.

Taylor stopped her at one page. "Look," she said and Lizzie complied looking at the picture Taylor was pointing at. She could see a young Thea laying on a mattress on the floor and next to her was an auburn-haired girl. "That's me," she murmured, smiling at her younger self.