Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Abyss

   When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you– Friedrich Nietzsche has been mostly right in his wisdom that has been passed down to the people. But what if a person has never stared at the abyss in the first place? It just happened that someone has decided to push you down into the abyss.

That was what happened to him.

He wasn't just talking about metaphorical representations but he has been cast off to the abyss.

He never expected this thing to occur to him.

It fucking hurts when the person you thought that you can trust the most was the one who pushed you down into the abyss.

He thought that their bond and trust in each other was so tight that it would stick permanently.

He never thought that the bond that they have towards each other isn't permanent and everlasting.

At that time, he never expected to be pushed down.

It was a very unfortunate situation... He thought to himself. But he contemplated further that it was also his fault for being ignorant about the person who he trusted the most in this world would decide to betray him.

From a young age, he know that he was born in unusual circumstances.

His mother died after giving birth to him and was left in the care of his cousin who was just a child.

His cousin B, despite being burdened with him has properly taken care of him. Despite being a young child, there was something special about his cousin B.

His cousin was unusual from the group of children of his age. He was mature and intelligent. There was even one time that maybe, he considered that B was in the same situation as him. Yet, he learned that he was more than that.

As he grew into a young child and learned to love his new family– his cousin B, his cousin decided that it was time for them to leave their village.

" Lamb, it was time for us to leave. We shall go on a journey than stay in this place that was been never kind to you. "

Due to some prejudice and superstitious beliefs, since birth, he was regarded by everyone except his cousin B as an ill omen.

As the only one who has helped and taken care of him since he was born, it was logical and natural for him to follow his cousin. His Cousin B was worth more than those prejudiced people in their village.

When they left, he also discovered that there was something fantastical and wonderful outside the village.

One of the most precious things that this world has to offer to him.

For him, it was the most important other than his Cousin B.

Magic— His heart yearned when he heard those words.

To finally found something in this world to look forward to other than living with his cousin B, his heart was bursting with happiness just thinking about it.

He was itching and looking forward to learning and using magic.

" It is interesting to learn that Lamb was enthusiastic about magic. The place that we would go, maybe you can learn about magic. I will be looking forward to it. "

Eventually, they reached the end of their journey and their destination.

At the end of the journey, there was an unfortunate destiny in the future already laid out to him, he has never learned of it because of his ignorance.