Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Return

     Two weeks after his 10th birthday, Galahad was glad that his father and mentor both returned to the headquarters safely.

After being both informed of their return by the current Bedivere of this generation, who was one of the head hunters. Galahad thanked Bedivere and rushed to the gates to welcome both his father and mentor on their return.

As he has spent five years in the hunter headquarters, Galahad has known that as a hunter, it wasn't unusual for both his mentor and father to don't return to the headquarters for long intervals.

There was one time when he was 8 years old that his father and the current Gawain hasn't returned for 3 months because of a very dangerous mission.

Eventually arriving at the gate, Galahad's eyes lit up when he saw his mentor and father along with the current Gawain and Palamedes. They were wearing their hunter uniforms and it doesn't appear to have any tears or scratches on them. Other than their tired appearance, his mentor and father don't appear to look injured.

Just mentally exhausted which Galahad has noted.

" Father, Teacher! "

Galahad called out to them after the other head knights who were currently in the church had welcomed the group. Seeing him, his mentor and father both walked toward him and asked about what happened in the headquarters while they were gone.

Galahad enthusiastically told them about the things that happened. And Galahad also made sure to not mention his 10th birthday since he doesn't want his teacher and father to feel guilty because of their absence.

Galahad can understand their absence since they have an important mission. He was also curious about how their mission went.

They were sent on an item retrieval mission. The specifics that were told to him were that they went to retrieve a holy relic that was very important.

Galahad didn't know much about the contents of the mission but the fact that it was a holy relic and the requester of the mission was the main hunter headquarters which was located in Italy.

It was a known fact that one of the holiest places was located inside the country of Italy.

Gazing at his teacher and father, Galahad wants to know the content of the mission but he knows that he can't push to know if the content of the mission was confidential.

If it was classified, then it would stay classified. Galahad would let their curiosity get to him and follow his urges to know the truth.

He wouldn't end up like a cat that got killed as the sayings would say.

And if the content of the mission was alright for him to know, then Galahad has time to wait.

He was willing to be patient.

Even though one of the things that he doesn't like was being ignorant. Being ignorant of the things and secrets hidden from him – is what Galahad ended up getting killed in his second life after all.

If he wasn't ignorant...

Maybe, he could still have a chance to fight back against his cousin Levi and his Lord Baskerville.

Being ignorant has left him shocked and experiencing betrayal.

Seeing Galahad's sudden turn of silence, his foster father Lancelot frowned and asked in concern.

" Is there something on your mind Galahad? "

Galahad looks at him in surprise for a moment before giving him a fake smile.

" None... There is nothing to worry about Father. How about we go inside the headquarters? I'm happy that Teacher and Father are back. I would make sure to cook a delicious feast for all of you for your safe return! "

Lancelot sighed as he watched Galahad head towards the inside of the headquarters. Probably heading to the kitchens.

As someone who has adopted the 5-year-old Galahad and raised him for a few years. He was already familiar with some of his behavior and quirks. It was clear as a day that Galahad is lying to him. And he could see an intentional misdirection and avoidance on Galahad's part. It was clear that Galahad doesn't want to talk about what was on his mind earlier.

While Lancelot was worrying, the current head hunter Galahad was beside him.

" He just headed off inside. We don't have time to tell him... "

She muttered silently but since Lancelot was beside him, he heard her.

Sighing, Lancelot replied.

" Well. There would be time after the feast later. I am exhausted and famished. Since Galahad has offered to cook for us, then I would gladly take on the offer despite it being a tactical method of avoidance. "

The current head hunter Galahad nodded beside him. She has a slight smile on her face. Knowing Galahad's cooking skills, just like Lancelot, she was looking forward to the feast prepared by Galahad.

Head hunter Gawain and Palamedes who heard that Galahad would prepare a feast decided to join them.

Later, the returned head hunters have satisfied smiles on their faces after eating the feast prepared for them.

The current head hunter then glances at Galahad and smiled sadly.

" We missed your 10th birthday 2 weeks ago because we are on a mission. I apologize. "

Galahad who has also eaten the feast with them froze on his current seat. On both sides, he can see his teacher and father stiffening.

They probably realize that they have forgotten his birthday. And as proven by his conclusion, they both directed Galahad with guilty gazes.

" It's alright father and teacher! I know that the mission is very important. You don't need to worry about missing my 10th birthday. "

Both of them hesitantly nodded. Galahad then couldn't help but pout and direct an accusing gaze at the head hunter Gawain. Seeing his glare, Gawain chuckled and then gaze at Galahad contemplatively as if remembering something important.

" That's right... You are already 10 years old. "

Hearing those words, Galahad perked up from his seat. He could feel his heart start beating wildly.

" So it is now time for you to head out of the headquarters and assist the hunters on their mission. "

After listening to Gawain's words, a wide smile broke out on Galahad's face. Finally, it's time for him to head out!